Chapter 4: What happened to her?

Camille was coming to the end of another early morning shift, pushing her framed glasses above her head she rubbed her eyes slightly.

"You're not done yet?" Natalie asked.

Looking down to her watch she shook her head "Nope, two hours, two hours" Letting out another yawn she laid her head on the nurses' station only to be startled by someone tapping her shoulder, prepared for The Troll to be stood behind her Camille lifted her head carefully and looked behind her letting out a breath when in fact it had just been Dr Charles.

"Don't you have work to be doing?" Jeff joked only to receive a groan. Looking around he caught sight of The Troll heading in their direction "3 o'clock, look busy"

"This is ridiculous" Camille groaned "Filming in the ER, who do they think we treat a circus?" But unfortunately Clarke hadn't given her enough warning as Dr Wheeler stood behind her clearing his throat.

"I do hope you're not insinuating that this documentary is not a good idea Dr Rhodes, after all I wouldn't like to see you on an official reprimand for disturbing this project"

"No sir" Camille smiled sickly sweet as gestured for him to pass.

"Nice one" Jeff snickered beside her.

Turning quickly and slapping the file in her hand on his arm making him back away "That was your fault. An official reprimand for what not wanting to be the next Walt Disney?"

****

Camille had finally arrived home after her shift and had gone straight to bed to get a few hours shut eye before she needed to get ready to meet with Gabby. Depositing her keys and phone in the bowl beside the door Camille wandered to her room to get dressed, she was changing into some shorts and one of her over sized college shirts when she heard her phone ring. 

Rushing from her room she managed to reach her phone before the tone dialled out, reaching for the phone she answered. "Hello?"

"Camille?" The voice she heard on the other end made her step back from an invisible force. Cornelius Rhodes. "Answer me Camille"

Not being able to let the words flow Cammie hung up the phone and headed back to her room ignoring the continuous ringing.

****

"I'm coming!" Camille said jumping down from the kitchen stool and made her way to the door, she wasn't expecting anyone, she knew it wasn't going to be Connor because he would be working until 5 that evening and it couldn't be Gabby because it was currently 9 and she hadn't planned meeting her until 12. The knocking continued "I said. I'm. Coming" Camille stormed towards the door and opened it only to reveal the last person she suspected "Claire?"

"Hello Camille" Her older sister smiled wickedly.

"What are you doing here?" Camille said through gritted teeth trying to close the door.

"Dad's been calling you" Claire stated as she barged through Camille's apartment stopping the door closing on her. Looking around Claire couldn't help but turn her nose up at the apartment, she looked toward her sister who leant against the now closed door with disdain sprawled across her face and gestured to the room itself "This. This place you have here, it's- it's cute."

Camille just wanted to roll her eyes. Pushing herself off the door Cammie began walking around her apartment, she had plans today.

"I see you remembered your books when you ran off" Claire said as she ran a hand across the books that sported the feature brick wall that had been adapted into a book shelf by Matt - Gabby's husband.