Cliche Highschool #1

Who else loves cliche highschool aus? *crickets*

I'm actually a sucker for them. There's just some cliches I live for, guys.

*Puts on Set it Off for you guys to jam to as you read* Enjoy the cliche, guys.

Best friends. Those two words had the power to destroy and to create. It build good relationships and broke others.

That's what Sam and Gabe were. Well, at least to Gabe. Sam didn't share the thoughts so much.

Like almost every high school cliche kid, Sam had fallen for Gabe. His best friend. He should have known so much better.

Every day, they would smile and laugh as they walked to and from school together. They'd joke during their lunch and screw around in a few of their classes. It was their cycle.

And somewhere in all of that, Sam pushed past the friendship into something more. Whether or not Gabe shared this, he didn't know.

It was on a Tuesday when Dean pounded on his door, telling him that Gabe had broken his leg. Sam found himself helping his best friend through a lot, since his parents wouldn't be home for a month and he didn't like the thought of Cas helping him.

Sam couldn't blame him. He wouldn't want those eyes staring at him while they were casually chatting about buttons or some other thing, let alone as he's doing... whatever it is you need help with when you have a broken leg.

The author doesn't know, so therefore, Sam doesn't either.

So, on this eventful Tuesday (Gabe had requested him early on, the little shit that he was) Sam was helping his best friend down the stairs. The shortest Novak just HAD to have his room on the second floor, on the side of the house that has the steeper stairs.

He's lucky Sam loves him.

Gabe hobbled over to the couch, using Sam as a brace. "Thanks for being willing to help me in my time of need, moose," he said cheerfully. "I really didn't want Cas's owl eyes peeping at me while I went around my business."

Sam laughed. "Not a problem," he lied smoothly.

It was a big problem. He was going to constantly be around Gabe since Dean practically chucked him out of the house im favor of switching him for Cas. Traitor.

He knew that Dean knew that he knew what he was doing. Ever since Sam had confided in him about him falling for Gabe, all he did was try to set them up. From closets to tv to flat out throwing them together, even, Dean had done it all. He was the Captain Hudders of Sabriel, as he put it.

Sam sighed as he turned away to get Gabe some water. He was screwed.

***

It had been a month since Gabe had broken his leg. Now, he certainly hadn't done it on purpose, but he hadn't exactly done it on accident, either.

Gabe had been trying to rough himself up a bit in an attempt to get Sam to nurse him a little, that's all. He hadn't intended to fall out of the window of an abandoned house after crashing on his skateboard.

Don't even ask. Gabe couldn't even begin to explain. Just blame Balthazar and move on.

Gabe really did just want Sam to care for him. He figured, at this point, it was the only way to connect with him enough to actually admit his emotions.

This best friends thing just wasn't enough for Gabe. He craved, needed more than that. It was like every nerve was wired to sense Sam, every heartbeat searching for the moose's.