Accidents

HEY TRIX THIS ONE'S FOR YOU! I'LL BE DOING MORE OF THIS VERSE, ALSO.

So this is a little bit unconventional, but it came to me in some daydream while I was cuddling my kittens so obviously it was meant to be. It was just sO CUTE.

SOTD is Disturbia. Except, the one by The Cab. I've been on such a kick for them lately.

I'M STAYING THE NIGHT AT MY GRANDMA'S AND I SWEAR THE CAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING THAT NEEDS SALT AND BURNED.

Gabe couldn't stop staring. This was him, but at the same, it wasn't. His reflection stared back, whiskey eyes chatoyant.

He gingerly reached up, touching the sandy and dark oak ears that sat atop his head. Looking down, he noticed his tail curling beside his leg, fluffy and annoying.

The hunter glowered. He didn't know what caused this, but whoever did was going to pay.

"Hey, Gabe, I was ju-" Dean appeared behind him, words cut off when he saw him. He simply stood there, waiting for it to register. Then, the angel was doubled over in laughter, red in the face and crying.

Dean tried speaking, probably to tell him how adorable he looked or make fun of him, but all that came out were squeaky noises. He clutched at his stomach with one hand, wiping his eyes with the other.

Gabe fixed his jaw, folding his arms. His ears flattened, tail twitching. "You done?" he drawled, none too appreciative of the mockery.

The angel held up a finger, still chuckling. After a few minutes, he'd calmed down enough to speak semi-normally. "Whoever did that is into some kinky shit," he finally gasped out, taking in breaths to regulate himself.

Rolling his eyes, Gabe muttered, "Yeah, yeah, move on."

Dean ran a hand through his hair, eyeing his ears. "I don't know, man. This is pretty damn funny. Just wait til Sam gets back."

The hunter raised an eyebrow. "Sam's not supposed to be back for another week."

"Said something about him feeling this weird tug to be back here." Dean shrugged. "Seemed like he was going to be back today some time."

Great. Gabe's luck could not get any worse. He'd die of embarrassment if Sam saw him like this. He really didn't need him poking fun.

Dean was a different story. As much as Gabe hated being mocked, the angel had a little bit of leadway. The two were pretty close, like the guys on those car fix up shows. They played pranks, basically acting like stupid frat boys together.

His archangel brother, however, was not on that level. After falling in love with him, being mocked was not in the game. Gabe wasn't sure he could handle something like that from Sam. He could always make it look like it didn't affect him, but damn it, he couldn't stop himself from feeling it on the inside!

Dean leaned against the doorway. "Look, I know you have a thing for Sammy, but don't worry about this whole thing." He narrowed his eyes. "Come to think of it..."

Gabe perked. "What?"

Dean hesitated, about to say something. Ultimately, he just shook his head. "Nothing. You better make sure Cas sees you ASAP if you want to get that trainwreck out of the way."

Forcing himself not to question what Dean had been about to tell him, he nodded. "Gotcha. Cassie'll be rolling on the floor the second I walk in." He laughed, smiling.

The angel smirked. "Gotta love him." He did a little half wave before vanishing, the sound of his wings echoing.

***