Chapter 4~

POV: Caden

It went on like that until all I had touched all the females hands. To say it took me days to change my ways would be an understatement. Rumors spread quickly about how the Princess ran from her unwanted Prince. It didn't matter that I was a Prince, males would mock me in passing. They would declare me a worthless piece of shit, unfit to care for a female. Others would whisper that my mate suffers from ugliness.

At first, I thought maybe she was ugly and too afraid to show her face to me. That was how my fourteen year old self thought. Now at the age of twenty-two, I understand that no matter what, she would be the most beautiful woman in the world.

I was an idiot to think flogging and sending her to the dungeons would put her in place. It took me nearly two whole years to get my act straight and once I did, I tried to prove to the court and world I was fit enough to take care of a mate properly.

My parents stood by me through it all, telling me the dos and don'ts. If it wasn't for them, I'm sure I would have blown up on more people than I did.

"Caden, sweetheart, what's the matter?" Observing Jessica, I try not to cringe. I couldn't understand why certain woman caked on make-up. I pray my mate doesn't. Woman are beautiful just the way they are.

"I'm fine, Jessica. No need to worry." She only cared about gaining the crown and for some unknown reason she had it in her mind that she was getting it.  

"Are you sure? We can always skip out and have a little fun." Running her hands up and down my body, I held in the disgust I felt at her touch. I despise it. I despise her and every female I've bedded.

The very idea of cheating on my mate kills me, but I had no choice in the matter once I turned eighteen. As a royal the beast inside of me is stronger and without his mate to calm him down he would have gone on a rampage. I couldn't afford that to happen.

The night of my eighteen birthday, I had my father pick a female wolf and send her to me. It wasn't hard for my father to do as they were lining up waiting. They figured if they got me in bed and became pregnant with my child, I would have no other choice then to marry and crown them. That is why every female I bed has to be given the shot. I will not allow a child to be born to any female unless she is my mate.

I don't recall a single detail about the female, the lights were off and stayed that way. The moment we released I left her.

Marcus, my wolf understands the reasoning behind it even if he hates it. We both do. The repugnance we feel touching other woman sickens us.

"Caden your twenty-two now. When will you be proposing to me? Our kingdom needs its Prince to have his Princess." Gazing over her head at Jason, I square my jaw. How dare she ask that of me out in public? I could careless in private as I ignore her. Does she realize I haven't given up searching for my mate?

"Ladies and gentlemen, if I may have your attention." Bombed my father's rough voice. "It is time for the royal run. First off has the Prince selected his partner for the run?"

All eyes turned to me and Jessica. Of course people knew she was my mate's replacement. Not that any female could replace my mate. Sending her a fake smile I nod my head.

"Excellent. If the females would please head out to the forest to change, the males will follow behind. The run will begin once Prince Caden and his partner reach the front line. Enjoy!" Ending his speech the females head off to undress in the privacy of the trees.

Except one. Jessica.

Her hands stroke my covered body in a seductive way. She may believe it's a turn on, I tend to disagree. Having enough I bring her hands down, hoping she will get the hint. Instead she stands on her tippy toes and plants a wet one on my lips. Without thinking, I spin her around and shove her away with a slap on her ass. It meant nothing other than to get her away from me.