4

It's amazing, how one day, one impact, one person, one thing, can change everything. 

"Look at this one. What about that?" Peter points to a beautiful penthouse in the upper east side. It may seem quick, but I want to get out of this shitty neighborhood as fast as I can. I shake my head, pouring some cat food out for Snow. Peter sighs, "You're too picky." I laugh. It's true. 

I remember when I was a mere child, my parents, whom have passed away right before I moved to the United States. My parents were loving as they could've been, hated to feed me. I was probably the pickiest eater of all time. But as I grew, I actually learned to love food. Me and my sister, Pippa, had these crazy thoughts of just becoming famous chefs because of our love for food.

"Blair." Peter snaps me back to reality with his charming face near mine. I clear my throat, "Actually that seems like a nice place to live in." I smile, tapping the computer screen. Peter looks confused, probably because I clearly didn't want to live there but my mind changed in a spilt second.

"Wow, such a quick decision changer. Now, I talked to the Big Bosses on the phone just a while ago, they actually liked my songs and want to support me to get up to the big album hits." Peter sits back into his seat. I smile, placing my hand on his forearm. "I'll buy every album and listen to them when I drive to work." 

Peter snores lightly as I gently wrap him in a blanket just because it's a cold night. I smile, pushing his hair back to see his face clearly. He had long eyelashes, a light dust of freckles from his cheeks to his nose, his lips a rose pink. He was the definition of charming.

"Day 1, of moving out. This sucks ass." Peter loads the moving truck with the last of my boxes. I gently set Snow in her car seat, turning to face Peter. "Yeah, I'm going to miss you." I smile a sad smile. I wish Peter could live with me, but I don't want people getting the wrong idea. Peter takes a deep breath, "Promise to call?"

I laugh, a tinge of red forming on the cheeks. "I promise, every night I'll call you."

Peter chuckles, giving me a quick hug. But it wasn't a meaningless hug. It was tight, and the thing is, I hugged him back. 

"Wow, Snow this is huge." I step into the new penthouse, my flats hitting the beautiful polished floor. I take the time to look around. The smell of citrus floods the whole place. The living room had beautiful, very modern leather couches, and a wooden coffee table with a HUGE tv just hanging on the wall. The kitchen was big enough to fit a whole team of football players. The fridge was just huge and already packed from top to bottom with food. The marble dinner table with white seats was utterly too nice to sit on. I walk upstairs, Snow trailing behind me with a look of mischief. The bedroom decorated with a giant chandelier hanging atop the queen sized bed, a makeup table on the other side, a window overlooking the bustling city of New York. A  walk-in closet with more than enough hangers to hang my creations. 

I laugh, plopping my tired body on the mattress. Snow climbs on top of me, purring on my stomach, which is a sign she likes what she's seeing.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Emily walks out the elevator, which is basically the only way to get into my penthouse. I smile, setting down my empty bowl of pasta. Emily pets Snow before setting down her purse. "What's up?" I walk over to Emily with excitement. 

Emily pulls out her tablet, to open up YouTube. "Peter's gone viral!" 

It was Peter singing a cover of Never Stop by Safetysuit,but completely in french. It was beautiful to my ears, to hear my language. "It's so amazing. He's already got a record deal too." Emily informs me, leaving Peter's voice on. I smile, feeling proud of Peter.

"So how's your modeling?" I ask Emily as she pours herself some red wine for the both of us. After just that one day of us meeting, we basically became best friends already. "Been really great actually. I'm not shy anymore, gained some confidence, and started eating healthier." Emily replies with a smile, handing me my glass of wine. I thank her turning on the tv to whatever was on.

"Any guys you interested in?" Emily asks as I skim through the channels. I shake my head, "Honestly, I don't have a man in mind. Like, if you're not going to make an impact in my life, I really don't need you." I say sipping the wine as if I've said it million of times before. Emily giggles, "I always thought you had a thing for Peter. I guess not. Mind if I steal him?" 

"He was never mine to begin with and second of all, we're just friends." I say keeping the channel on for the show, Scream Queens. Emily giggles, nudging me. "Sure, as if I'll believe that. Come on, aren't you looking for someone in your life?" I shake my head at that statement. I like to define myself as independent without needing a man by my side. Like those Disney movies, princesses always going after the princes. Well, why don't a prince ever chase a princess like me?

"Good night Emily." I wave her off, seeing her hail a taxi cab. "Night, have a safe one." Emily shouts before getting into the taxi. 

I turn back to my empty living room, just imagining Peter cracking a joke or singing with his guitar strumming. I shake my head, obviously Emily likes Peter, I can't just say that I like him all of the sudden. I have to be sure of my feelings first.