17

We find love when it's most unexpected.

It was horrible. I couldn't hear anything except for a few sirens and mumbles every once in a while. My whole body ached, like one giant throbbing bruise. I couldn't breathe, my chest hurt knowing I could leave everything behind because of Jackson. Everything I had worked so hard for could've disappeared if I was gone. I couldn't do that to my family, my friends, or Peter. 

I force my eyes to open, to see what was going on. The light blinded me at first, making me wince in pain. But none the less, I open my eyes. "Miss, what is your name!" The Emergency Service guy asks me, with 2 other people hooking machines and poking me with needles. I blink at him several times, my eyes close to closing. "Does..Peter know?" I ask, before my eyes close and my mind goes blank.

PETER~

"Crap, what the fuck did you just say?" Charlie and I walk through the hospital doors. "Fuck, okay I'll inform you about her." I quickly end the call with Pippa. Only minutes ago I was informed about Blair getting into an accident. I rushed quickly to get over to the local hospital with Charlie going 60 MPH in a 30 zone. I'm surprised we didn't get pulled over.

"Family only." The receptionist says to me, her eyes going back to the computer. I sigh, looking over at Charlie for help. Charlie walks over, a demanding demeanor to him. "WE NEED TO SEE BLAIR." He slams his fist onto the table, his breaths loud.

The receptionist looks over at me, then at Charlie. "Room 583 please." 

I couldn't breathe when I walk into that room. The decoration was already depressing as it is. The room was entirely a navy blue and aside from the small 5 inch tv, everything was white. But that's not the worst part. Blair laid on the bed, a breathing tube in her throat. She looks dead. But I know she's not. Her heart monitor was slow but steady. Charlie walks over to the couch, to take his jacket off.

"Holy shit." Charlie whispers to me, dropping the bouquet of roses we both bought on our way here. I nod, keeping silent. I pull up a chair beside her bed side, to hold her hand. The room fell into a silence that you could cut it up with a knife. 

"Hey, Blair?" I start, my voice quiet and soft. "I know you'll get through this. We'll both get through this. I promise, I love you so much." I take a small breather. Charlie sniffles, patting my back encouraging me to continue. 

I shed a small tear, reaching into my pocket. "I wanted to give this to you." I say opening the velvet box with a 14 carat ring inside. My thumb gently strokes her cheek, my right hand still holding her hand. 

"I know this is too much to ask and that it's too early for any sort of arrangement but Blair, I love you more than anyone's ever loved someone. I want to hold you close. I want to wake up next to you at 10am. I want to see our children running around and see you smile. I want to see those grey streaks in your hair when we are growing old. So you would be lying if you didn't say you love me either, cause I can see it. Our love is undeniable, so I'm asking one simple favor, would you marry me?"