16

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional,

it's the people that come to your mind when you hear it

BLAIR

"I love you," Peter smiles at me breaking our kiss. I smile, blushing. "That's what I wanted to tell you at the award show, I just didn't know how you would react." Peter gently pushes my braid back over my shoulder.

I bite my bottom lip, leaning into his ear. "I wanted to say it first." Peter chuckles, leaning in full of lust and passion. He hesitates interlocking our lips together, as he whispers, "Say it."

I smirk, locking our lips together. Peter moves in with the same sync as I am, his hand messing up my braid. I separate from him, "I love you too."

Everything happened in a blur, one minute I was on the top and the next I was on the bottom. We were enjoying each other's company, the sheets barely covering any of our naked bodies. And we didn't care, not one bit. He loves my body and I do too. I'll just say, every part of my body had been kissed by him.

The morning after I wish could be pure bliss, but no such thing. Helen needed me early this morning for a final check on a clothing line coming out this week. Trust me, Helen can be a pain in the ass, but she's my pain in the ass.

"I gotta go," I whisper in Peter's ear, despite him being asleep. Just as I was about to get off the bed, his hand touches mine. "Get home safe, I love you."

Helen paces the room, furiously but hilariously ranting about how fur and metallic doesn't go together to a new intern. Apparently the intern is wearing something Helen deems unfashionably wrong. Which is fucked, anyone can wear anything they want without getting judged.

Then that's when I got it. A lightbulb.

"Shit! I'm sorry, I was supposed to only get the coffee!" The intern shouts, clearly frustrated. I walk over to Helen and the intern, my wedges making my walk so much more powerful than it is. "Helen, I'm quitting and I'm taking my designs with me." I smile, handing her my stack of overdue papers.

Helen is clearly speechless, "Well you've been promoted. What kind of clothing can you draw?" She turns to the intern.

I roll my eyes, walking out of the building with a strong breeze hitting my face. I swear I'm not crazy. Just a small plan.

Emily and Charlie asked me months ago if I would like to join in on their partner ship on a building they had recently purchased. I said I needed time to think about it but now I'm 100% sure.

I come home to Peter cooking up a lunch, completely shirtless with Snow on the counter either admiring Peter or the salmon he's cooking. I would like to say both. "Welcome home, I heard from Charlie that you've agreed in partnership with him." Peter turns around, petting Snow's back.

Charlie just can't keep his big mouth shut can he?

"Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you before." I say awkwardly rubbing my upper arm. Peter chuckles, kissing my forehead reassuring me that it's fine. God, I don't know what it is but I love forehead kisses. I just feel so secure when the top of my head is kissed.

"Blair, I love you. You don't have to say you're sorry to me. Whatever it is, I'll understand it." Peter says clasping the both of my hands together. I stand there speechless. Not because he said those reassuring words to me, but because that's our first I love you to one another.

I smile, leaning in about an inch away from his lips. "I wanted to say that first."

---

It's been about a week, Peter has gone out of state for some business trip with Charlie about his new album. Meanwhile me and the girls had countless sleepovers with one another, each time a new experience.

"Fuck, I messed up my nail." Emily says angrily glaring at her nail as if the nail polish is going to magically disappear from her cuticle. "Here." Pippa hands her a nail polish remover wipe on it.

"Pippa, how are things with Charlie?" I ask, throwing away the 3rd empty bag of cheetos into the trash bin. Pippa blushes, sealing the cap back onto the nail polish bottle. "It's been really good actually. He treats me like a princess everyday, I've never met a guy who was so caring and loves me for me."

Me and Emily immediately awe over their relationship. It was like a Disney romance. Pippa shushes us, feeling awkward.

"We're out of cat food. I'll be out getting some." I inform the girls who are watching a new episode of KUWTK (Keeping up with the Kardashians). I don't know why they're obsessed with it, I find nothing special about that except for how big their fridges are.

My bunny slippers hit the New York floor and already I'm shuddering. It's dark, there's no chance of anyone being out this late. Plus, I brought pepper spray in case anyone dares to test my patience. Just cat food, do it for Snow. Snow is family and I never let family starve.

As I'm walking to PetSmart, my phone starts to ring. It's Peter so of course, I pick it up. "Hey, you're awake?" First thing I ask him. Peter chuckles on the other side, "Blair. There's a time gap. Over here is 2pm, over there is 3 am."

I do a silent facepalm to myself, "Right. You been having fun?"

A bit of shuffling on his side, then I hear Charlie's voice. "Fuck, stop beating me at Mario Kart!" I start to laugh, I know how competitive Charlie is with his games.

"Sorry, while I'm talking to you I'm beating Charlie's ass." Peter informs me, a loud scream from his side. I laugh loudly, the people in the cat food aisle thinking what the hell is wrong with me.

"Blair you got a lucky man! He paused a fucking game for you!" Charlie laughs. And that's exactly why I love Peter. Willing to pause a video game, more specially Mario Kart for me.

After I pay for Snow's cat food and some toys for her, I leave the quiet store. Peter is still on the phone with me, talking to Charlie about something. I don't know, I zoned out after Charlie stuck a hose up his ass.

"Blair, I gotta go. Love you?" Peter asks, something that manages to make my heart melt each time. I smile, but before I could say it back, a bright light just comes in my view.

I gasp, dropping the phone onto the cold asphalt. I couldn't move, I told my legs a thousand times to move but they wouldn't. The car comes closer and closer, before I could see who was behind the wheel. He wouldn't dare, he wouldn't even hurt a fly.

But I was wrong. The impact sent me 20 feet back, maybe even more. I could hear the sound of my bones cracking, not in a good way. My eyes go foggy, my legs desperately trying to get up and tell myself it was all a dream.

"If I can't have you.." Jackson steps on my back. A loud crunch happens as he does so, his boots leaving an imprint on my back. "No one can."

And that's all I remember.