19

The best thing about love, it's unexpected.

PETER~

"Holy shit." Emily takes the words right out of my mouth. Out from the entrance, right from the hospital, there she is. She looks beautiful as ever, barely any makeup on her. She's rocking it barefoot, or they're just nude flats. Her tousled hair beautiful, as she's wearing a simple little dress. Simple, yet she pulls it off.

I blink my eyes for a second, to see if my brain is playing a trick on me. Until Emily slaps the back of my head. "Get over there!"

I quickly walk over to the stairs, her eyes meeting mine. "Blair," I say with my hand stretched out for her to take it. She smiles, taking my hand with me walking her down. Blair opens her mouth to say something but I immediately shush her. "Thank god you're okay."

Blair bites her lip, opening her free hand to show a ring in the palm of her hand. My ring. "I heard everything you said. And of course, everyone else's too." She starts. "I love you, I really do. So, to answer your question: Yes I do want to marry you."

I grin widely, her arms wrapping around mine for a kiss. I kiss her, like it's the last time I'll ever do it again. The music seems to slow down, the noises seem furry and all I could think about in that moment, how perfect everything was. And how I get to spend the rest of my life with the person I truly love.