Pack Assignments!

A/N: Camp Voltron is a boys camp, in case that wasn't quite clear :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boys slung their bags over their shoulders and assembled out in the field by the flag pole. Most of the teens were assigned as activity counselors to lodges for arts and crafts, or archery and the like. They were informed that they would be staying in a counselor-only cabin adjacent to the dining hall.

Keith and Lance waited for their names to be called, mostly so they could set their stuff up and chill until dinner at 6. Shiro announced the Senior counselor for the shape packs and both of the Junior Counselors, or Counselors in Training.

"Matt will be the seventh grade color pack Senior Counselor and overseeing Lance for Blue Pack and Keith with Red Pack."

The boys simultaneously jaw dropped and Shiro seemed to almost smirk. The boys exchanged glances, and switched their faces to glares immediately. The boy named Matt adjusted his baseball cap and put his arms around the defiant and angry teens. "Cool. Lets get set up. I'll show you your cabins."

Keith adjusted his pack on his shoulder and Lance spoke. "Wait-you mean we don't have to share a cabin with each other?"

Matt walked on, the teens following him. He appeared to be early college age. He replied, "No. That's just for activity counselors who don't have kids to watch. You'll have a bedroom in the back of the cabin, but you sleep in with the kids."

They relaxed. "Oh."

Once they reached their cabins, Matt pointed to the color posts on the porch painted green, red, and blue, corresponding with a cabin, each. He pointed between the red and green cabins. "That's the bathhouse. Toilets and showers are in there. Counselor showers are in the back. Handicapped ramp is on the other side. Get comfy!"

As promised, a closet-sized room with a bed was in the back, no door, but it had a screen window over the headboard. Each boy set up their "room" and relaxed, napping and having their first meal in the dining hall.  

Keith sat at the nearest empty table. Without the kids, the dining hall was fairly empty. Eventually, some counselors joined him despite the obvious discomfort Keith displayed. 

Shiro and Coran talked with Lance, who showed them a tag on his wrist and patted his jacket pocket.

After dinner, Keith showered in the lukewarm water. He hated the feeling of showering in flip flops. It felt... weird.

Finally, camp was quiet and everyone fell asleep....

-----------------------------

Lance's alarm wouldn't stop ringing at 6:30. He hit snooze a couple of times before taking the batteries out. The mosquito netting over his bed began to fall down. 

Keith had gotten up at seven and gone for a quick run before walking to breakfast at 7:30 sharp. Matt liked to sleep in until the last minute and made sure to check that his C.I.T's were out for breakfast. 

Lance appeared to be asleep still. Matt frowned. He glanced at Lance, drooling on his pillow, out of his sleeping bag and half out of the mosquito netting. Matt pressed his whistle to his lips and blew it sharply, alarming Lance who fell out of the short bed and slippery vinyl mattress...

"Great start Lance." he smirked.