Paint Me.

"Lance! Move your ass!" Keith growled, holding a paintbrush in his mouth as he simultaneously pulled away the painter's tape line on the ceiling.

The boys were painting the ceiling white after years of arts in the lodge and the world ugliest painted ceiling panel projects. They were halfway through their second layer on the ceiling. The trim around the windows was drying and ready for a second coat. Matt and Allura made it sound like they would be organizing a closet or something easy, but this 'quick chore' was beginning to try their patience and teamwork.

Lance moved over. The wooden plank table was not big enough for two buckets of paint, a bucket of brushes and two teenage boys. "Keith if I move over anymore I will be on the ground." Lance replied.

Keith rolled his eyes. "Well maybe you should start putting on the second layer of paint around the windows. Lance picked up a tin of paint and dropped it aggressively on the counters that lined one half of the room. "Already ahead of you." 

The windows were having a color painted on them- light blue. Lance wiped his face and could feel that he had just smeared some on his cheek. 

The whole room was covered in thick plastic sheets- tables and benches were outside and had to be moved back in at another time, which they were certain meant later that day. Keith felt paint on his back. He whipped his head around, "McClain! I swear if you even think of doing that again- I will end you!" Keith yelled.

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" Lance replied. He had been painting the boards around the windows the sky blue shade, back facing Keith, who was working with white on the ceiling. The tubs of paint colors were in the middle of the floor...sitting...waiting.

Keith turned back around, this time feeling the paint drip onto his hair, which he had sunk effort into tying up on top of his head, despite a few strands that he had to tuck behind his ear. 

His spine straightened. "Lance!" He yelled.

Lance turned around. "WHAT?!"

Keith ran a finger over his head- "THERE IS PAINT ON ME!" He yelled. "On my back? fine. Hair? no way."

Lance held a soaking blue paintbrush. "I didn't get paint on you!" He pointed it at Keith, throwing paint on him.

"Lance McClain... you're fucked." Keith jumped off the table at Lance, who had been frozen. Getting paint on Keith was an accident, but the 6 foot, mass of rage flying at him didn't look like he wanted to reason.

Keith grabbed a brush from the pastel yellow that was supposed to go on the wooden counters under the windows.

Crap. Lance thought. He lunged forwards, grabbing Keith's wrist, wrestling for the brush, but it was no use. Lance was covered across the front of his white shirt in yellow paint. "DAMNIT KEITH!" Lance yelled, grabbing for any color around him. There was no point in mentioning that it was white paint from the ceiling that Keith got on him at this point- the point of no return.

Red. Blue. Yellow. White. Every color was violently thrown into the mix. It was a mixture of yelling and grabbing and paint and it was getting all over the sleek plastic on the floor.

It was Lance who slipped on the floor, taking Keith down with him. Dehydrated and hot, the boys wrestled and rolled on the floor, trying to disarm each other of the paintbrushes that assaulted them.

A throat cleared. Allura was standing in the doorway of the art lodge.

"The base coat on the trim looks nice. Ceiling should be easy- maybe 30 minutes. It shouldn't need another coat, very opaque." She noted.

Lance sat up, straddling Keith's chest. The boys were frozen. When they realized the position they had frozen in, they scampered to their feet, brushing themselves off, awkwardly.

"Lunch is being served by the way. I thought that maybe you had lost track of the time." She turned away and sauntered off towards to Dining Hall. She had wanted to tease them for longer but she couldn't hide the smirk.

The boys sat at their tables. The Hall went silent, seeing the two paint-covered counselors. Lance broke the tension.

"Can you pass the beans over here?"

Finally the Hall went back to normal, though murmurs ran through the tables about why Lance and Keith were covered in paint.

Shiro stood from his position at the staff table and made his way to Allura. He paused. "So can I go paint the art room now?"

Allura smirked. "Yes, of course, Shiro."

Shiro rolled his eyes and strode off to do the task originally meant for just him. "Damn kids." he muttered roughly, though very amused by Allura's doing.

Lance and Keith meanwhile sat eating lunch- a very aggressively-applied-rainbow-paint-covered lunch.

-------------------------------------

A/N: So in real life I was painting the art barn today, actually, and found a neat way to the attic. It's a great place to get away from kids and may prove to be a good place to do some writing. In any event, I'm working on a leather bracelet right now that I pull out and braid when I need a break. I think I'm going to give it to my partner. My kids want to know who I am going to ask to our "Camp Prom" that the counselors hold later this month or maybe early August and I told them to look for the leather bracelet that I've been round braiding for the past two days.