Prologue

"I'll be heading out now" Daichi said as took his suitcase off the couch and started heading towards the front door.

It was early in the morning, only 7 AM, but Daichi was already heading off to work.

"Don't forget to call me" Izumo said as she approached him, she the proceeded to lean in and place a kiss on his cheek.

"I won't. I'll try to get off work as soon as possible" Daichi looked at the woman next to him and smiled before heading out and going to his car.

Sawamura Daichi, age 26, is a private investigator. He and his colleague work on difficult cases together, trying to figure out who did what and why. They both became P.I's at young age, because of their unique abilities. They managed to solve a murder that others spent 4 years solving.

He is a young and charming man, he is in a good shape and isn't afraid of danger, it's not a surprise that Daichi has a girlfriend, well a fiance.

Hyuga Izumo is a beautiful, young woman who he met when he was only 17 years old. He fell for her completely, I mean, I lot of guys did.

She had long brown hair, honey-color eyes and a beautiful smile. It wasn't only her appearance that was perfect - her character was also. Izumo was smart and well-mannered. Daichi was glad to have found her.

He sat into his car and waved one last goodbye to his fiance, befire starting the car and driving to the main police department. It took him only 15 minutes to get there, the traffic was almost non-existant.

As soon as he stepped out of the car he saw his colleague heading towards the entrance.

"Suga!" he called him and rushed to the man.

"Daichi, good morning. You're early" Suga greeted him with a smile.

"Yeah, woke up earlier to get off work faster. I want to see my girlfriend... Wait, no, my fiance faster" Daichi said proudly.

"You got engaged? That's great! Ugh, I'm so happy for you" Suga exclaimed and hugged his bestfriend.

Sugawara Koushi is Daichi's colleague. They have known eachother since they were babies, they always had the same interests, their minds were working like one. Some people used to say that they were destined to work together.

Their appearance, however, was completely different. While Daichi was tanned, dark hair and haf muscles - Suga was thin, pale and had white hair, due to an illness and stress.

They were polar opposites when it came to appearance, but that didn't stop them from solving cases and riddles.

"Let's go. We have no active cases, so let's just clean up our office" Suga said and they finally entered the massive building.

A lot of people greeted them and stopped to have a small talk, it took them some time to reach the 5th floor.

"I'm gonna clean this up, you clean the board and take off the photos. We solved yet another case, Suga" Daichi said as he started cleaning the table.

Their office was filled with photos, newspapers, other paper and evidence. They had a massive board on which they would connect every suspect with the murder. It was the most important thing in their workplace.

"Okay, and yes we did. To be honest, I felt like the murdered was their butler. He had a weird aura around him..." Suga said and took off the photos and tape off the board.

"He did. He's brutal though, no wonder it took us so long to figure out the murder weapon. A pan? A frying pan? That must have hurt" Daichi said as he started remembering their case.

"I'm glad that case is closed. Give me an empty garbage bag, there are a lot of unnecessary papers here, I'll take them out and get some coffee on my way back. Oh, gonna go and see the chief" Suga said and soon he was out of the office.

Daichi felt his phone ringing and he immediately answered it.

"Daichi, you forgot some documents at home! Are you gonna be fine?" Izumo asked.

"Yup! We finished the case, those are old documents. I'll fax them to the department later" Daichi chuckled.

"Oh okay, sorry. Well, it's 8:30 AM and my show is starting, talk to you later, honey!" Izumo said cheerfully before hanging up.

Daichi started looking through the files again, it wasn't an easy case after all. Took them a lot of time to figure out.

Double murder, an angry fiance, a butler and the housekeeper and 15 other guests. The murder wasn't clean at all, but it was really hard to pin the events to certain people.

He was glad that Suga noticed a scrap of a bloody shirt hidden in the wall at the last minute. It turned out that it was the butler who killed those two people. It was really gruesome.

"So, a chocolate cappuccino with marshmallows for you and a strong black coffee with cream for me" Suga said as he came back.

"Thanks, should we go somewhere after we finish cleaning up? Like a pizzeria? We could invite those two idiots aswell" Daichi suggested.

"Sure! Those rookies could use some knowledge" Suga laughed amd sipped on his coffee.

It was around 1 PM when they finally finished cleaning. They had to wait an additional hour for Shoyo and Tobio to get off work.

They spent some time at the pizzeria and had fun. On his way home, Daichi bought some flowers and chocolate.

He came back home, unlocked the door and called for his fiance.

She didn't come. The lights were off and Daichi became a bit suspicious, she works from home and always tells him before she leaves.

He walked into the living room and the flowers fell out of his hands.

Izumo was lying on the floor in a pool of blood. Daichi rushed to check her pulse, but she was dead - her body was already getting cold.

He took out his phone..

"This is Sawamura Daichi... We have a murder.."

.

.

.

.

.

.

---

We're diving into a mystery once again. This is my gift for you because I reached 1.5K followers ❤

Those who have read my story "Chimerical" will remember what type of mind-fuck it was. Well, "Enigmatical" is Book Two of "-cal" series. These series will be books which will contain a small amount of romance and a big amount of weird and mysterious stuff.

Just like with "Chimerical" there won't be that much romance. This is a detective type book after all.

For the first time I'll let you guys participate in the story. Consider yourself an investigator, because the story will depend on your comments. On the end of each chapter I will leave a question or two which will relate to the case, I'll let you guys try and figure it out yourselves. By that I mean, that I haven't planned anything yet.

Now you have to wait for the suspects and evidence, so don't start assuming anything just now.

Just an advice (if you're really gonna participate in the story): remember the details.

COMING SOON

HOPE Y'ALL ARE EXCITED.

-hatari