Chapter 2

"Daichi, snap out of it" Suga poked Daichi's arm, shaking him out of his thoughts.

"Ah, yeah, sorry... " Daichi apologized quietly, he rubbed his sleepy eyes and looked around trying to spot at least one cup of coffee or an energy drink.

"Why the hell did you stay up? You know, you don't have to work on the case" Suga said, his voice was full of worry.

"I know, but I want to find whoever did this... She didn't deserve it.." Daichi sighed loudly. He pulled an all-nighter.

After gathering basic information he started pinning all things onto the board, trying to connect them. So far, he hasn't connected anything.

"Oh, he texted me, he has the results" Suga suddenly said and stood up, he fixed his suit and looked at Daichi who once again sighed, honestly it was getting annoying.

"Alright, let's go then. I'm actually quite interested as to what he found" Daichi spotted an energy drink and quickly grabbed it before following Suga to the elevator.

They went down to the first floor, then through the corridor on the right until they reached a big glass door.

The laboratory.

The passed quite a few people until they found themselves in a room. A lifeless body lying and a man was standing next to it.

Average height, short brown hair...

"Ennoshita, what do you have for us?" Daichi asked as he approached him.

"Oh, hi. The autopsy is finished. Honestly, it makes this case even weirder... " Ennoshita raised an eyebrow as he looked at them.

"Why is that?" Suga asked and stepped forward.

"Look" Ennoshita carefully lifted up the victim's head, showing them the injury. "She died because of this, a simple hit at the back of the head. Quite some force was used so it was probably a man. I have no clue what it was done with though, almost looks like a hammer, but not.. The shape is odd and more rectangular shaped"

"Could she have been drugged?" Suga asked.

"No. I found no remains of any drugs, no alcohol. She also wasn't poisoned. Before her death she had a cup of coffee. That's all. I'll call Hinata and Kageyama, maybe they will figure out the murder weapon.. But so far this is all that I can tell you" Ennoshita seemed a bit sad, he couldn't help that much..

Usually his findings were one of the most important ones. He would figure out if the person was addicted to something, he would find the murder weapon... But now..

"Thank you, that helps a lot. Tell us if you find anything else" Daichi thanked him before leaving the laboratory.

"One hit kill, I hate cases like that" Suga said, the annoyance in his voice was clear.

"Same.. But.. That spot of the head is especially weak, maybe the killer knew that.. We might be dealing with a pro" Daichi started creating theories in his head.

"Honestly I don't think so. I think it was accidental." Suga's phone buzzed and he quickly checked it, the phone almost fell out of his hands are he read the message. "Kageyama found a fingerprint!"

"What?!" Daichi panicked.

"Yeah, and they got the surveillance footage!" Suga exclaimed. Daichi regained his hope.

Kageyama and Hinata were already waiting for them in their office.

"Where did you find it?" was the first thing that Daichi asked.

"On a coffee cup. We didn't expect to find it, but we did" Hinata said proudly.

"Check the database" Daichi rushed to the computer.

The fingerprint was scanned and put into database. At first it looked like they wouldn't find a match, but after a few minutes the sound notified them.

A match was found.

"Who the hell is he?" Daichi asked as he looked at the picture.

"Akiyama Takeshi. Was arrested for abuse and theft. Wait, I remember him, he was one of my first cases" Suga said, he would never forget the face of a man who almost beat an innocent girl to death. "He got sentenced, but he was released a few weeks ago... I think he's our man"

"Let's check the surveillance footage too" Daichi said. Hinata quickly played the video.

At first it only showed the house, quiet and peaceful. A few cars went by until one stopped next to the elderly couples house. A man with a hoodie came out and quickly headed towards the house. He knocked and as soon as the door opened he walked in.

Around 20 minutes later he left, he had taken the hood off his head. Hinata zoomed in and the view that clear.

It was Takeshi.

"I think, that we just found our main suspect" Suga smiled proudly, at least one good thing happened to day.

"Yeah, find his address and text us. We'll go now" Daichi thanked the two and left the office.

"Feeling better?" Suga asked as he approached him.

"Yeah, much better. Finally... We need answers and he surely has some. I just... I wonder who he is.. I've never seen him before.." Daichi stared out the window, the sun was up and tiny clouds were drifting through the sky.

"We'll see what he has to say. Let's go now, there are questions that need to be asked" Suga patted his shoulder and the two set out.

What could be the murder weapon?

Who is Takeshi to the victim?
.

.

.

.

~~~
Just warning that the updates will be slow on this one.

Anyway, I'll start updating.

-hatari.