Epilogue

"Suga, you can go. Leave everything else to me" Daichi said as he dropped his bag on the floor.

"Are you sure? I can help you pin all the things together" Suga said with a concerned look on his face.

"It's fine. I want to do this myself. That bastard is targetting me and I need to find him before he finds me or you. Go home and take your gun with you, he might come" Daichi looked at Sugawara who sighed loudly before making sure his gun was in place.

"Okay, fine. Call me if you figure out anything. And be careful too. He went after your girlfriend, your close friend and even your stalker.." Suga walled over to Daichi and pulled him into a hug, Daichi felt at ease in Suga's arms and frowned once he let him go.

"Alright, let one of the officers drive you home. Once I'm done with all this, we'll go on a roadtrip together or something, maybe invite those two as well" Daichi smiled at his colleague.

"Alright. See ya' later then" Suga took his coat and headed out leaving Daichi alone in the office with a bunch of evidence.

First, Daichi pinned the photo of the car and connected it with all three of the cases. It was definitely the car of the killer, it couldn't have been a coincidence.

After Ema's autopsy is was revealed that she was killed with the same weapon as Izumo. He still couldn't figure out what weapon it was, therefore he decided to go through a database, maybe some victim had a similar wound before. From gunshot wounds to all possible blades, he couldn't seem to find anything. He was slowly losing his patience, after all he had been browsing for almost an hour now, but then his eyes fell on something. It was one of the older cases, he was still a kid back then, but a gunshop worker was killed and his wound looked so similar to Ema's amd Izumo's that Daichi couldn't believe his eyes.

The weapon was a gun, after all this time Daichi realized that someone used a gun in a similar manner as a hammer. After some analysis he was able to determine what type of gun it was. Jeez.. It looked so similar, Daichi could swear he had seen it before.

He sighed in relief..and saw something else that made him curious. Suga's bag with the case files he forgot at the cafe.

"Suga wouldn't mind" Daichi said as he opened the bag and took out a file marked "Confidential".

Inside there were photos of the crime scene, all the witness' reports and all the places that were checked trying to find Daichi's friend. No luck. He was never found. However he noticed something else and instantly checked the reports from Ema's and Izumo's crime scenes. It matched perfectly, but Daichi pushed it to the back of his head saying that it was impossible.

But as time kept going, he realized that it was all falling into places. Before he knew it, Daichi was checking a car plate number that he remembered..and it matched.

Daichi looked into the database of registered guns - once again it fit.

His head hurt, but he recalled all the moments, all the pauses and it all fell into places. He picked up his phone and dialed the chief's number.

"Hey, chief, can you tell me if........went to see you?" Daichi asked.

"No, I was gone that day" the chief spoke, clearly confused.

Daichi inhaled deeply before closing his eyes, trying to understand the whole situation, but there was no denying.

He was the killer, he's the only one who could do it. He has a car, which matches the one seen on the scenes. He has a gun registered, the exact same model as the one used for murders. He wasn't at the station during certain times which matched with the times of death of the two girls.

"This is impossible.. This cannot be happening.." Daichi felt tears forming in his eyes as he pinned one last picture to the board. He looked at it... There was no denying that this was the killer. He picked up his phone again, he was still on the line with the chief.

"Daichi, what is it?" he spoke, concern in his voice.

"Sir.. Send police to Sugawara's Koushi's place. He's our killer"

The end.