Chapter 1

"Daichi!" Suga came in running, he was out of breath. As soon as he heard what happened he dropped everything.

"Oh, Suga. You're fast" Daichi greeted him.

"Are you okay?" Suga asked immediately.

"I'll be fine...hopefully.. I'll find whoever did this.." Daichi had to hold back his tears.

"We will, I'll help you. If anything, I could get permissiom to put you off case" Suga said, but Daichi shook his head.

"Don't worry, I won't be a burden. Let's go and investigate the crime scene" Daichi stood up and led Suga to the house.

They stopped at the front door though, investigation started.

The front door wasn't broken, thr lock wasn't broken too, therefore the killer did not break into the house through here. The plants and the ground around the house were all in place aswell.

They checked all try windows and yet there was no sign of a break in. The only odd thing was that all the windows were closed. Daichi knew how much Izumo loved fresh air, so she always kept at least one window open.

Walking into the house, there was no dirt on the floor, the coats and shoes hadn't been touched. The distance from the front door to the spot where Izumo was could was only a few meters.

After checking the door handle they did find someone else's fingerprints. Whose could they be?

All the rooms were clean, there was no blood in any other part of the house apart from the living room, she must have been killed there.

The TV was still on when Daichi walked in, it was on mute though. There was a blanket on the sofa and a half-drunken cup of coffee on the counter. Her phone was lying on the floor next to her, it was locked.

Taking a look at Izumo, her clothes were all in place which meant that the killer had no intention of having forced sexual activities with her, her jewellery was also in place, so it wasn't a robbery either.

As a matter of fact, no expensive stuff had gone missing from the house. It felt as if the murderer just came in and killed her without doing anything else. Could it be an enemy?

"I'm confused" Daichi said as he checked the crime scene again.

"Why?" Suga asked and ordered the investigation team to look for more fingerprints.

"The crime scene is really clean, no robbery, no sexual assault. She wasn't tortured too.. What is this?" Daichi just couldn't understand.

"I don't know.." Suga kneeled down and put on his gloves before carefully lifting up Izumo's head. "It looks like she got hit in the head by an object, could be a baseball bat or a hammer. I'll have the body sent for an autopsy"

"Let's go and ask the neighbours if they saw anything" Daichi said as he realized that the more time he spends in this house, the more messed up his mind will get.

And so both investigators left the house.

They headed to the house on the right at first, Daichi knew that an old couple lived there. They knocked on the door and waited, soon an elderly woman opened the door.

"How may I help you, young lads?" she asked.

"Hello, my name is Sawamura Daichi, this is my partner Sugawara Koushi. We are from Tokyo's Police Department. We have a few questions" Daichi introduced them and showed her his badge.

The woman let them in and even made them some tea.

"Did you hear anything strange earlier in the day?" Suga asked as he took out his notes.

"No, I didn't. I spent my time outside, I was knitting" the woman spoke as she sat down.

"You were outside? Did you see anything strange? A weirdly dressed man or maybe a woman going to house next to yours?" Daichi felt a spark of hope light up inside of him.

"Hmm.. I saw two.. " the woman said.

"Could you describe them?" Daichi asked. The woman thought for a few seconds before talking again.

"One was wearing a blue polo shirt and was carrying a box. The other was came with a car. He parked it next to my house, but he was wearing a hoodie so I didn't get a good look" she described them.

Daichi and Suga thanked the woman before leaving for the house that was to the left.

"A young family should live there" Daichi said, the determination to find out who did that to his fiance was growing bigger.

They knocked on the door once again and soon a young man opened the door.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Hello, I am Sugawara Koushi, this is Sawamura Daichi and we are from the police department. May we ask a few questions?" this time Suga introduced them and showed his badge.

The man let them in, they saw a woman playing with her daughter in the living room.

"Did you hear or see anything strange earlier in the day?" Daichi asked.

"I wasn't at home, I was working" the man spoke.

"Hmm.. I'm not sure, but I think I heard yelling.." the woman said as she put her daughter back in her bed.

"Yelling?" Daichi didn't know why, but he started feeling like every detail will make this case even harder.

"Yes, coming from the house next to ours. I heard a woman yelling something, I didn't pay much attention to it" she said.

Suga and Daichi thanked them before heading to the house that was infront of theirs, only a street apart. Unfortunately, it was empty and no one answered the door.

"So, a clean crime scene, two weird men, yelling... Ugh, this is hard" Daichi said as he sat down on a bench.

"We'll figure it out" Suga placed his hand on Daichi's shoulder to reassure him that everything will be okay.

Why was the crime scene so clean?

Could Izumo have known the killer and let it into the house on her own?

Who could those two men be?

Why was she yelling?

.

.

.

.

It's time to start the case. Please participate in solving the case by answering the questions which I will leave at the end of each chapter.

Just so you know, I'm writing this at the top of my head, since I haven't planned anything. I want you guys to participate.

Anyway, hope you're excited.

-hatari.