The Styx

Everything burned. I felt as though my skin was burning in a bath of acid, melting almost. I was drowning all over again. Typical, hadn't I have been knicked into large masses of water enough. Once was more than enough for me, twice in the one week somebody or something is trying to kill me, I'm telling you. Only this time was worse because it's not any normal river. It's the river Styx. A river that either causes you so much pain you die or you manage to survive and become unbeatable. I mean look at Achilles. When Achilles was born, his mother wanted to make him immortal and thought it'd be a great idea to processed to dip him in the river Styx. According to myths, she didn't realise that his heel, which she held him by, was not touched by the waters, and so that was the only part of his body that remained mortal. Like I'd call that child cruelty because being submerged in this water sucked. Big time.

The pain literally made my life flash before my eyes. I saw every memory. Sally teaching me to read for the first time. Our first family trip to Long Island without Gabe. To think Sally put up with him to protect me and Percy. I would forever feel guilty for not appreciating what she'd done for us enough. Next came the first few years of camp. My friendship with Nico rewatching it blossom. Seeing Annabeth and Percy grow closer all over again. All the darkness that'd clouded my life for the past few years resurfaced causing more pain.

The pain was too much to bear. I remember Percy telling me about his experience of swimming in the river Styx and it was just as unpleasant as he'd described. It was obviously an understatement because the pain I felt was unimaginable. It was like being burnt alive while drowning at the same time. I was ready to accept death. I kept waiting to see Thanatos come to collect my soul but he never came.

Something inside me was telling I had to live. Some internal instinct willing me to fight. I had to force myself to push through this crippling pain. I thought of Percy and Annabeth, everything I wanted to tell them. I thought of Sally the best mom I could ask for. Yet the pain kept coming. I thought of Nico and suddenly an image of us sitting in the infirmary me holding a small bundle in my arms while Nico cooed over whatever it was adoringly flashed across my mind like a glimpse of the future or what could be. I suddenly felt a surge of energy that allowed me to keep fighting. I thought of a place right between my shoulder blades and suddenly the pain begins to lessen. I guess I managed to create my own Achilles heel but I was too exhausted to keep swimming. I could feel myself slipping away. Drifting off into a deep sleep which is never a good idea when you're in a huge mass of water.

*Nico's P.O.V*
I can't believe Percy's stupid hellhound knocked his sister into the river Styx. This is the second time she's been pushed into the water. Why couldn't I save her? Images of Bianca flash through my mind. I couldn't fail. this time. I don't even think about myself I jumped straight in after her.

The pain doesn't affect me as much as it would've if I hadn't been set on saving Sophia life. As I swam I suddenly saw images of us looking lovingly at a small bundle confirms my suspicions of what my father had been talking about earlier. Next, I heard a voice. "The child is the gift you need to complete this quest. It will unite you. I don't have much time but I've been taken the old land somewhere where land meets the sea. I am out of the time don't let me down the son of Hades." A voice rung through ear as I continuously pushed through the pain to get to Sophia.

As I reach her I focus on a point in between my shoulder blades where all the pain rushes too before it disappeared. I'd survived the river Styx but I could only pray to the gods that Sophia did too.

Hey guys sorry, it's a short chapter back in college and has a lot of assignments due so hopefully the next chapter will.be a little longer this is really just a filler. Also, I need help thinking on a prophecy some was thinking ingredients of having a little competition if you guys are possibly interested? Let me know.