Dark Island

Nico's POV

All I saw was darkness. I felt as though my lungs were caving in as I was crushed by the weight of Olympus itself. I was dying or at least it felt like I was dying. Like my senses were failing and everything was slowly going numb.

I'd failed her. When she needed me most I disappeared again and this time I doubt I'll make it back to her. I'd broken my promise. I wasn't gonna be there to keep her safe on this quest. I'd failed her again and left her alone. I wanted to scream, I wanted to punch the endless void that engulfed me but my limbs felt too heavy to move.

"Nico!" He heard a voice call out from the darkness.

I couldn't place it but the voice sounded like music to my ears. Almost like a forbidden melody.

"Nico!" It echoed again, seeming closer than before.

I felt as though the weight on my chest began to throb. Hurting my lung worse than before. Soon a rush of air flew through my lung fallowed my the sensation of water gruggling up my throat as the weight lifted.

My eyes flooded with light as I coughed out a flood of sea water. The world felt hazy but a pair of strong arms held me steady. Piercing sea green eyes scanning my face in worry. Looking down I noticed we were in a beach, golden sand covered my soggy clothes.

"I thought I'd lost you there for a second, kid" Percy signed in relief.

"Where, where are we?" I gasped still adjusting to being able to breathe normally again.

"Not sure exactly but I can tell you we're...roughly 38.5913° N, 28.6965° W" he sighed looking out into the horizon.

"Soph?"

"Back on the ship I hope?"

"You don't know?"

"I mean I'm like ninety percent sure she's on the boat, that wave sent you overboard, you hit your head. I dived in after you to try get us back but the wave...and the wind. I wasn't strong enough to keep up so I had the waves bring us as close to land as possible and...we'll here we are" I looked at him in shock.

I was stranded...on an island in the middle of the Atlantic...but my first crush...someone I still had some sort of feelings for while my pregnant best friend and maybe girlfriend is possibly miles away.

"We need to find them!" I groaned as I stood, my head spinning with pain, reaching up I could feel a large swelling bump from where my head collided with the ship.

"Nico we can't go anywhere with you like this!"

"We don't have time to wait. I need to protect her"

"And I don't? She's my sister! I wanted to protect her from the gods bullshit for years. I never let her get pick for quests. I wanted her to have a normal life! I also have my girlfriend on that ship. The love of my life! I've been going crazy the past two nights terrified of not being there to protect either of them! So come on man, just sit down and talk to me."

"Two nights?"

"Yes, I was terrified you were dead and I'd have to find Soph and be the one to tell her and watch her spiral"

My heart broke and the thought of Soph thinking I was dead.

"We need to contact them" I muttered. Looking down at my feet. I haven't felt as lost or helpless in years. Part of me wanted to cry on Percys shoulder the other wanted to punch him for steering feelings I thought I'd dealt with years ago.