Plain Sailing never lasts as a Demigod

Sophia's POV

I woke somewhere around midnight, my head resting on a Nico's warm chest, embraced in his arms. Id be lying if I didn't say I felt safe. I took a moment to just take in his features as he slept look up as his flawless pasty complexion, watching his face wrinkle ever so slightly as he quietly snored. I couldn't help but smile and snuggle back down into his chest diverting my eyes back down towards my grown stomach. I looked around 4 months pregnant despite it only being a few weeks since we'd visited the underworld. Every thing was happening too quickly. I felt like my whole world was spinning out of control and nothing made sense anymore. I was terrified, all the time.

"Everything Okay" Nico questioned me sleepily.

"Yeah, just woke up go back to sleep" I smiled softly looking up at him.

"Bad dream?"

"Surprisingly, no."

"Cravings?"

I took a moment to think about that.

"No? I think my body just woke up if it's own accord?" I replied.

"I see Mel made himself at home" Nico chuckled sending vibrations through his chest. I looked down to see Mel curled up in the floor asleep full sized by the door. Every so often his wings would flutter.

"Well someone is having a good dream" I laughed as I watched my dragon friend playfully respond to events of his dream in his sleep. Nico chuckled again as he pulled me closer to him almost protectively.

"Did I wake you up?" I questioned concerned I'd disturbed him.

"No, no, don't worry it wasn't you. Just had one of vision dreams you could say" he tried to brushed off his comment I could help but stare at him, encouraging him to expand upon his little comment.

"It's fine, just you know those dreams that kinda give us a glimpse of what's honnna happen or could happen. It's no big deal. Promise" I gave him questioning glance not fully satisfied with his answer but I decided not to pry.

I just rested my head back down on his chest and held him tight as he played with my hair.

"Neeks?"

"Yeah?"

"Ever think we'll get to be...normal?"

"We're demigods. Normal isn't really in the cards for us"

"I know but I mean, do you think we can raise his baby without the fear of monsters around every corner?"

"I think we can try find a way. Like look at camp Jupiter demigods get to grown old their and they're getting better at welcoming some folk from camp half-blood. I'm sure they'd welcome us."

"Would that ever really be our home there?"

"Maybe? I mean... I think home... home is wherever your family is."

"That's camp half-blood...I'm not sure if I feel safe there any more. Growing up with the tourism war then the giants it just feels...unstable" Nico cut me off

"For me, home. Is wherever you and this little fighter are. I don't care about location as long as you are there with me."

The sincerity in his voice had me in shock. I couldn't believe what he'd just said I could help but blush and hide into his chest.

Just about then, the sea grew tougher and the ship began to rock slightly reminding me what we were no longer on land. The sensation of drowning in the lake fulled my memory. Just as the ship was hit by a rather large wave sending the ship swaying back and forth aggressively. Causing my stomach to turn uncomfortably. Suddenly I felt as though my stomach was rushing to my mouth. I struggled to jump up from the bed and make a beeline for the nearest bathroom as the sheep began to rock. I made it to the toilet just in time as I collapsed to the ground.