Chapter 3

"Bee!"

Namjoon calls out as Bee moves behind him and runs right out of the parlor. There's a smug look on the other guys face and Namjoon looks down at him, disgusted before he shoves him backwards and turns to run after her.

She's pretty fast but Namjoon is faster. He easily catches up to her and grabs onto her arm; Bee tries to tug away but his grip is firm.

"Please don't let me go back there anymore, please." She's broken down crying which takes Namjoon a back. "I should be over him by now, but I just can't!"

Tears keep falling down from her cheeks and Namjoon stares down at her. Her hair is covering her face and without thinking Namjoon moves it out the way, curling it behind her ear. There are people staring at them because she's crying so loud, but neither of them care. At the moment, Namjoon only sees her; only cares about her.

"He's a liar and a ch-cheat!" She hiccups and sobs some more. Wiping her wet face but it's no use because her tears won't stop. "But why do I still love him?"

Namjoon wants to hold her but he doesn't, instead he squeezes her hand for comfort.

She sniffles and looks down at his hand holding onto hers, and then she looks up at him, his brown eyes staring right back at her with concern. She looks a little bit calm now but she pulls her hand away, holding it close to her chest and Namjoon feels a little dejected but he doesn't show it.

"I-I'm sorry." She wipes again at her cheeks with the back of her sleeves, "I'm so stupid. I ruined our day." Namjoon shakes his head.

"Don't apologize." He tells her, pushing his rejected hands into his pockets. "It was my fault. If only I knew. We could always go somewhere else if you want?" He suggests but when she shakes her head, he feels disheartened.

"I think I want to go home now. I've already ruined everything and I don't think I could go on." She reasons and Namjoon mentally sighs. He really wanted to spend more time with her despite what had just happened, but he nods and respects her decision.

"It's ok. I can walk you home." He insists and she lets him.

The walk back home was a silent one. Namjoon was never the quiet type only during at work when things were more serious; but right now he couldn't think of a single word to say.

"I'm sorry I'm a total wreck." She suddenly says half way through the journey. Namjoon turns to look at her. He opens his mouth wanting to say something but closes it after, carefully thinking of the right words to say.

"Was he the reason you cried the other day?" He asks and waits to see a reaction from her. She looked a lot calmer now, her cheeks flushed pink from crying but she was oh so cute.

Bee nods and although expected, Namjoon found himself disappointed.

"Welp, you deserve better than that dick." Namjoon comments truthfully but Bee smiles sadly, stopping in her tracks.

"Yeah." She sighs, "I thought what we had was good, I guess I'm just not good enough." She says and Namjoon sees a tear start welling in her eye. Before it falls, she wipes it off quickly. "I-I'm not going to cry over him anymore. That stupid bastard." She curses and Namjoon scoffs amused by her use of profanity.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to curse like that in front of you, oh my god." She facepalms herself, she sighs one more time and looks behind her. "This is my place though."

"Oh." Namjoon doesn't realize that they're already in front of her house and again is disappointed because the walk seemed so short and he really did want to spend more time with her.

"W-We could always go for another date another time." After saying that she probably realizes what she just said; her eyes grow wide and her cheeks blush harder. Namjoon is mentally cursing at himself because he can feel his face heat up as well. She already thought of this as a date and she's willing to go for another. "I-I mean."

"S-Sure! I'd love to spend more time with you." He blurts and he wants to mentally punch himself in the face. "I could bring you to my studio. You could meet the guys from the other day as well and we could mess around there." Fuck. How come he's so bad with words recently? "No, that's not what I mean."

Bee laughs at his fumble of words and when he's not paying attention, she stands on her tiptoes and gives him a quick peck on the cheek. He totally freezes in his spot and words don't even come out from his mouth anymore.

"Text me when you're free." She says before turning around and gives him a small wave before entering her house.

Namjoon blinks and composes himself before tripping over a crack in the pavement and saves himself from nearly rolling into the bushes. Hoping that no one saw that, he rushes off rubbing the back of his neck from embarrassment; at least today was not all bad.

Instead of going straight home Namjoon walks into their studio and as expected sees Yoongi there, sitting in his chair while chewing at the end of his pencil, thinking.

"Oh, I thought you weren't coming in today?" He sits up straight when Namjoon comes in and sits down on their sofa bed. He falls back to lie down on it, covers his face with his arm and lets out a loud sigh.

"So... it didn't work out?" Yoongi asks.

"It did. Kinda."

"Kinda?" Yoongi leans closer to hear his friend out.

"She still has feelings for an ex although she did say that she wanted to forget him." He says.

"Ohhh kayyyy, well maybe you could help out with that." The older guy advises and Namjoon hums.

"Yeah. I know. We have another date soon." Namjoon sits up this time, "But I can't stop fumbling on my words hyung. I sound like I'm stupid oh god I hate myself." Namjoon says, obviously flustered with himself.

"I could teach you a thing or two about tongue technology." Yoongi jokes and laughs and Namjoon could only glare at him; mumbling under his breath about Yoongi being an annoying twat and more.