Chapter 11

Third POV

The day did not begin with a good start. Kisame was awoken by Sakura's scream, who in turn, was awoken by a strange man. Little Sakura was petrified when she opened her eyes to see a man with a mask bouncing in place and practically staring at her. The man wore the Akatsuki cloak with black gloves covering his hands. There was no village identification on him. No forehead protector, no insignia, nothing. Instead, there was an orange lollipop-like mask covering his face. A little hole was on the right side. His black hair popped up over the mask a bit.

When the strange, hyperactive man noticed Sakura was awake, he started bouncing even more so and practically screamed out a 'good morning' before running away, dodging the attacks of an enraged Kisame. Once the strange man had left the room, Kisame turned to Sakura who was buried within the sheets, shaking as she tried to calm down. It has only been a day with Kisame back by her side before things seemed to start spiraling out of control.

Kisame's POV

Once the creep was out of the room, I turned back to the bed, only to find Sakura buried within the sheets shaking. Coming to her side, I quickly sat her in my lap, doing my best to calm her racing heart. "It's okay. I'm here now." As I continued to mutter reassurances, I felt Sakura begin to relax against my hold. Once I was sure that she was calm, I picked her up and set her on my hip before walking out of the room. I didn't get very far before I found Konan in the hallway. Upon seeing Konan, Sakura quickly maneuvered her body until she was clinging on my back.

"Is everyone alright? I heard a scream." Taking in her body language, I could tell that Konan was being genuine. "Yeah, some creep entered our room and gave Sakura a bit of a scare." Seeing Konan tense up a bit made me want to go looking for the freak. "He didn't do anything did he?" Peeking out from behind my back, Sakura spoke up. "No, he didn't do anything. At least I don't think so." I heard the last statement clearly, but it seemed as though Konan picked up on it as well. "He's scary." was all that Sakura said before burying herself into my shoulder as if trying to hide herself from the world.

"Anyway, I was heading off to the kitchen to get something to eat. I'll see you around I guess." Taking a few steps forward, I had to stop as Sakura spoke to Konan. "Konan onē-san, can... can we maybe hangout later? You don't have to if you want to!" Chuckling at her shyness, I turned around to face Konan once again. Looking at Konan I could see a blush forming on her face before hearing a soft," Kawaii!" coming from her. Upon seeing the look of amusement on my face, she quickly composed herself before answering with a gentle smile on her face. "Just let me speak with Leader-sama and I'll see if I can spend some time with you."

As Konan left, I continued my way towards the kitchen. "So what do you think of her so far?" I asked Sakura. "She seems really nice." I heard her mumble. Chuckling at her shyness, I walked into the kitchen and sat Sakura on one of the stools at the table. "Let's see what we have.... Sakura, do you want eggs and rice?" There wasn't much in the kitchen so I was hoping she'd go along with it. "Hai Kisame-sensei!" After cooking and setting her plate in front of her, Sakura mumbled a simple "Itadakimasu" and snapped her chopsticks to eat.

"When you're done, we're going to resume training. We might need to get you a sword soon too." Simply nodding at my words, Sakura continued to eat, seemingly lost in her own little world. While Sakura ate, I sat down with my own breakfast. I still had to try and find a way to get Sakura to Shisui so that he can take her back to the Leaf village. As of now, I only have to worry about Leader-sama and Madara Uchiha. Konan doesn't seem like she cares about what happens with Sakura, which makes it a bit easier to deal with this.

Feeling a tug on my cloak, I snapped out of my thoughts to see Sakura standing, nearly hiding, behind me. "Why are you behind me?" Instead of answering, Sakura simply points in front of me, near the doorway. Looking forward, I see Konan standing there. Smiling at myself, I gently push Sakura in front of me towards Konan. Shyly, Sakura holds her hands behind her back while looking at the ground, occasionally glancing up at Konan. Soon enough, Sakura began inching her way towards Konan until she was standing right in front of her. "I've spoken with Leader-sama, Sakura-chan, and he's allowed me to play with you whenever you want." Konan said with a gentle smile in her face. Shocked by the news, Sakura jumped up and down in glee, before grabbing Konan's hand and running off further into the base.

Getting up from the table, I put the dishes in the sink before making my way towards Leader-sama's office. Knocking on the door, I heard a 'come in' before I opened the door, only to nearly shut the door again. Inside, I expected to see Leader-sama, but instead I saw Madara sitting at the desk. "Kisame, I've figured you would have come sooner or later." "Where's 'Leader-sama'?" "Hm... where is he indeed. Well, he's with Konan and our sweet little Sakura-chan." Hearing this made my blood run cold, as I didn't know how Sakura could possibly react to Leader-sama, and I still haven't found out who had sealed the three-tails inside of her.

~~~~~~~~

Apologies for the late update. A bit of writers block can be a major pain in the ass, but I've got my game back.

~Deadly_Neko🐾