Chapter 12

---Bailey's POV----

"We can't trust the Clave." I say adding to Jace's previous statement.
"And you don't trust Alec." Michael asks looking down.
"No. Not right now. I don't know if I will trust him for a long time." I snare back.

~

"We couldn't even count the demons." Clary says after her and Luke come back from scouting Renwick's.
"That mission would get us killed." I say pacing back and forth.
"Valentine knows we will do anything to save your mother. He wants you to take out the cup and use it." Michael says back.
"If you use it he will take it and then he will kill us." I say back.

~

"This doesn't make sense. There were a thousand demons here last night." Luke say as we all walk up to Renwick's later that night.
"That is what he wants." Michael says as he stops and looks at the building in front of us.
Me and Clary sneak off inside to find Jocelyn. Once we do Clary drops her blade and runs towards her mother. I start runing the other doors except the one we came through. Jace and father come running through the unruned door and shoot the door with both of them leaning against it and trying to put the lock rune out it.
"Get ready." Michael says. I pull out my double sided seraph blade. Clary holds up the cup.
"Demons I command you. Find Valentine!" Clary yells. They don't and the demons keep banding in the walls trying to get in.
"Demons find Valentine!" Clary tries again.
"Let me try." Father says and then proceeds to turn around. He start cutting into his wrist. Now dripping with blood and flowing into the Mortal Cup.
"No." Me and Jace whisper.
Our father that me and Jace know as Michael Wayland turns into Valentine.
"Valentine." Me and Jace both sneer with venom in our voices.
"Demons attack my enemies!" Valentine says looking at me and Jace.
"I command you."
"Knock it off guys!" Clary suddenly yells. I look at her strangely.
"You're not the only one who knows how to cast a glamour." Clary says as she brings out another Mortal Cup. Valentine looks at the cup that he is holding in his hand. It turns out to be a coffee mug, he smashes it on the ground.
"Should we let the demons of this or-" Clary starts to say to me and Jace.
"No. Send them away. He's mine." I say looking into the man's eyes who turned me into a werewolf.
"You pretended to be our father." Jace sneers at him.
"I wasn't pretending Jace and Grace." Valentine says softly. I narrow my eyes at him.
"You have no right to call me that. Only our father was able to and you murdered him." I hiss at him, my anger growing by the second. I move forward to put one side of my blade to Valentine's neck.
"I am your father. I always have been. The face you saw as Michael Wayland was mine. Then and now. It was a powerful glamour. I want you to know me as I am. To know the truth about me and you and your brother." Valentine says. I breath heavily in disbelief.
"Jace, Bailey don't listen to him! He is my father. We know that for a fact." Clary yells to us. Though I am not paying much attention.
"Yes, that's true. That's a fact. I am your father. And Jace's and Grace's. Think about it. Why are the three of you so drawn together? Why do Jace and Clary love each other? Why does Grace have a instinct to protect Clary. Blood calls to blood, no? Ah." Valentine pushes the blade that I had at his neck away. My breathing is coming in big short breaths quickly. It's slowly hitting me that Valentine is our father. That he experimented on me. Valentine starts moving to what I guess is a portal.
"My dear family. Together at last. A lost mother. A brother and two sisters finally united." Valentine says as he fins he's the portal. I rush forward again one end of the blade I am holding against his neck.
"You won't kill me. You won't kill me. I said that you were weak and I meant it.  I thought me turning you into a werewolf would change that. You're weak and you always will be." Valentine says. I breath heavily as I slowly lower my blade.
"I can." Clary yells holding up a blade of her own. As Clary runs forward he switches position with me. So he has my blade against my neck. Holding me in a position so that my back is pressed against him.
"Go ahead Clary. Two for two. We can't even fight back huh? No? Come with me Jace, Bailey. You know that you love me. Your sister is welcome to join us. And bring your mother along. We can find a way to get her moving agains." Valentine say and releases me and rips my blade on the floor.
I grunt as he releases me. I fall to the floor my legs not supporting me. Valentine leaves without another word. I pick up my blade from the ground. Angry tears start coming form my eyes. I am quick to wipe them away. Not wanting to show any weakness. Once Luke finds us we start walking back to the institute

~

Once we arrive back me, Clary, and Jace take Jocelyn to the infirmary. I notice Alec standing in the corner of the room staring at us.
"Clary gave Lydia the cup. Hodge is taking her to lock it up until she goes back to Idris." Jace announces to Alec. I can feel him staring into my head.
"Okay? That's it Alec?" Jace questions him.
"I don't want to get into it." Alec says with the same emotionless voice. I can hear him turn around and walk away.
"Stop." Jace says sternly. "I do wanna get into it. You almost killed Bailey. You weakened our parabatai bond just to find us. You hurt my sister when I trusted you to help take care of her." Jace adds just as sternly.
"You and Bailey betrayed me." Alec says.
"No Alec. Your the one who betrayed us. You did it by asking some Clave envoy who don't even love to marry you." I hiss back at him and walk out of the room.

"How did you know he was Valentine?" Jace asks after him and Clary walk into my room.
"There was just something off. He told me that he knew my mother was pregnant but he couldn't have." Clary says back in response to Jace's question.
"There's something wrong me." Me and Jace quietly.
"No there is nothing wrong with you Jace. There is with me. He was right when he said I was weak. Which is way he always favored you Jace over me his own flesh and blood." I say and quickly push them out of the door before they see me cry.

-----3rd POV------

Alec walks down the hallway to his bedroom when he hears crying. He follows the sound to Bailey's. He wants so badly to comfort her since he knows what he heard from Jace that she rarely cries. Alec walks knowing that he may never be able to comfort or anything for that matter ever again.