Chapter 16

Authours note: I am so sorry for not updating sooner things have been really hard lately I have been in and out of the hospital so if this chapter is not to your likeing please give me another chance promise I make it up to you.

Claire Pov

Kayden was like a fly buzzing around me constantly asking if I was okay always touching me it was getting fustrating.

His hand hovered over my large belly I swatted his hand away angerly he always wanted to feel the baby kick and I was starting to feel neglected and I know I know that sounds selfish but imagine waking up to your husband who wanted to read a baby book rather then talk with his wife.

So here I was sitting in the car Kayden overly excited in the driving seat practicly bouncing in the seat.

I threw a scowl his way when we went around the corner and his hand automatically went to my baby bump.

I felt tears slid down my face and turned away from Kayden so he wouldn't see.

I stared out at the landscape watching the trees and the road slip by seeing it but not taking it in.

Kaydens POV

I was driving Claire to the pack doctors I was so happy I was gonna see my baby today.

I was turning round the corner putting my hand protectivly over Claires belly when I saw it out of the corner of my eye the sadness in her eyes just before seeing a tear slide down her face turning her head away from me.

I wanted to say something but I knew she didn't want to talk about.

I closed my eyes for a second before looking away I knew her sadness was because of me.

I knew I was neglecting her but I didn't think it was that bad I thought she would have been happy that I wanted to get this baby thing perfect.

"Claire?" I asked.

She didn't respond she looked almost in her own world.

"Claire?" I tried again.

This time a tiny sound escaped her lips it was half of a broken sob.

Imdeiatly I pulled the car over.

"Claire? Please baby stop crying. Im sorry okay I can be better I promise I love you baby ok I love you and Im sorry that I have been neglecting you but I promise I'll do better."

Claire sobbed into my shoulder as I patted her back whispering in her ear.

Claire clunched at my shirt clawing her way to my throat sobbing into it.

I could feel the tears soaking my t-shirt as they slid down her cheeks and onto my neck.

Claire POV

Kaydens whispers broke me even more I was being selfish.

I was a horrible mate.

Kayden kissed the side of my head.

"Shh its okay." He whispered in my ear.

Slowly I started to calm down my rapid breathing turning into slow breaths before I finally calmed down.

A/N: So I know its not very long but Im updating again sometime this week I hope you liked it and again sorry for not updating sooner.

I love u guys xx

Phoenix <3