Chapter 24

Claire's POV

Holy moly, bananas and chimp munks. Giving birth hurt. Have you ever tried to push a watermelon through something the size of a pea. Not only is it impossible unless you stretch it, it really hurts.

Another burst of pain ran though my abdomen.

"Contractions are roughly 8 minutes apart." A doctor yelled from near the bottom of her feet.

My legs were raised in some kind of stirrup looking things. I was wearing a white hospital gown.

Kayden stood by my head, stroking my sweaty forehead.

The doctor popped up from between my legs.

"Your doing good Hun, your 4 centimetres dilated." The doctor said.

I could already feel the urge to push.

Like I wanted to push, and belly felt heavy.

5 hours later.

"Push!" The doctor says.

I push with all my might, I scream as I push. God it hurt so bad.

"Push!" The doctor shouts again.

I shook my head.

"I can't it hurts." I cried.

The doctor shook her head. "Hun you have to push." She paused like she was thinking. "Hun if you don't push, you babies aren't going to get any air."

I raised my head to look at her.

"What are you talking about!?"

The doctor swallowed nervously. "Your babies are losing oxygen." The doctor said.

I could feel tears fall down my cheeks.

Shaking my head I chanted No over and over.

"No no no. Not my babies please."

I looked at the doctor. "Please you have to save them."

The doctor nodded. "I am but you have to push. Ok?"

I nodded my head furiously.

I pushed.

And I pushed.

I no longer cared about the pain.

All I cared about were my babies.

I look up at Kayden I could feel the tears slip down my neck landing in a warm puddle at the base of my neck.

In the background I could hear the doctor continuing to shout "Push!"

I shook my head at Kayden, I knew he could see it in my eyes. The love I felt for him. We were wolves my loved for an eternity.

Kayden looked over at the doctor at my feet.

I could feel something wet at the corner of my lips. It felt like I was choking.

The doctor suddenly went into a rush. "The placenta detached!" There was a flurry of fluttering doctors.

Kayden stared at the doctor. "What does that mean?" He said looking down at the doctor. The doctors didn't reply.

But I knew what that meant.

"What does that mean?!" He shouted.

It meant that my babies were dying.

The doctor looked at my husband. "The placenta is an organ that connects the developing babies to the uterine wall it's what helps the babies breath."

My husband shook his head "No. No my babies aren't dying. Your lying. No!" He shouts.

The doctor looks away. "We need to prepare a emergency C section." She shouts out orders to the other nurses and doctors.

Kayden looks down at me. I try to smile at him. He smiles back at first. Then he loses his smile his eyes glued to the corner of my mouth.

"There's blood on my wife's lips. What does that mean?!" He says. Yelling at the doctor. The doctor looks at me then Kayden. Her face was grim.

I grab hold of Kaydens hand. "Hey. Hey it's ok. I'm ok. Everything is going to be okay." I tried to be as convincing as I could.

Who was I kidding though. I knew what was happening. I knew there was nothing I could do.

"I love you Kayden." Kayden shook his head. "Don't you dare say goodbye!" He said. I smiled and shook my head. He was so stubborn.

15 minutes later.

Kayden was kicked out of the room 15 minutes ago. There was a curtain like thing around my belly. The doctor had spatters of blood on her.

Then suddenly the room was filled with the beautiful sound of a babies cry. I sighed in relief. My baby. "It's a girl." The doctor shouts handing my baby to another doctor to get clean.

3 minutes later the room was filled with another cry. "It's a boy." The doctor said this time I smiled. I had a little boy an a little girl.

The doctor looked at me. "You have a little boy and girl." She said smiling.

I tried to smile back and I did. I was so tired. I just wanted to rest my eyes just for a minute I thought. I closed my eyes.

"We're losing her!" A doctor shouted in the distance they sounded like they were fare away.

So tired. I thought.

Authors Note.

Sorry for taking so long in updating.

I have been sick. But good news an bad news I finally know what I have.

Some good news though I have holidays for 2 months coming up in less then 2 weeks.

Bad news though I have exams in less then a week.

Ok anyway I need some names for the babies and really sad about Claire sorry for that.

But hey at least the chapters longer. 😄

Any who

Love you all don't forget to

Vote

Comment

And follow

Love

Phoenix 💜