Chapter Two

"-Like can you believe it? I literally couldn't have done anything more stupid!" Tamina listened carefully in between her fits of laughter

"-Like can you believe it? I literally couldn't have done anything more stupid!" Tamina listened carefully in between her fits of laughter. I replayed the whole events of this morning to her.

"Oh my goodness, Theia, you need to start being earlier. Look at all the havoc you cause being late." I gave her a pointed glare.

"Well it's not-"

I paused as I noticed the presence of the girl from the History class in front of me. The once who had taken my seat. She extended a hand towards me, "Sorry about your seat this morning, I'm Katerina." Instead of a handshake I stood up and firmly wrapped her in a hug.

Her porcelain skin and strawberry hair were a dead give away that she wasn't from around here. I gave her a warm smile and gestured for her to take a seat next to Tamina who sat across from me.

"It's not your fault at all," I giggled. "I'm Theia but I'm sure you must have taken note of that by now." I rolled my eyes. Tamina's eyes glanced toward me and then back at Katerina. I gave a nod, confirming that this was the same girl that took my seat.

I gestured towards Tamina, "This is my friend  Tamina." They both exchanged pleasantries and soon we all chatted away.

"I knew you are new here. When did you move here?" Tamina inquired while I shoved a spoonful of yogurt into my mouth. Katerina shut her eyes for a second and resurfaced with the answer. "About a week a go."

"How are you finding AmberVille?" I asked setting my spoon down on the lunch table.

"It's quite mundane," she answered truthfully. I nodded at her answer. I too went through the experience of getting used to a quiet and small town. Where as Tamina grew up here, she hates the city lifestyle which I would assure her I'd have her experience with me.

"It gets better." I reassured with the brightest smile I could offer. She returned the smile. "You should definitely join us for coffee tomorrow, Theia and I do it once a week. We'd love to have you join." Tamina offered with such enthusiasm that I knew she already was fond of Katerina. I chimed in, "It's our Jesus-sessions. We are big on faith in Christ, but if you are not comfortable with that we'd be happy to accommodate you."

Tamina and I loved our Jesus-Sessions. It always kept our spiritual levels high and made us feel super motivated. However not knowing much of Katerina and her spiritual choices or religion it would only be right to accommodate for her. I knew Tamina and I could catch up some other time. My friend's heart was that of gold. She adored people and would do whatever she could within herself to make the next person feel welcomed. I loved Tamina.