Chapter Four

"Listen to me carefully, we are going to corner him and apologise and then leave."

"That's such a stupid plan."

I gave the best glare I could.

"Just kidding," Nathan replied giving me a wide smile.

For the first time in a long time I, Theia Lawson, was early to school. Praise God. I got up with determination. This morning as I prayed about the situation with Kaden I asked God for his direction. I felt complete peace regarding the situation afterward.

The school corridors were getting crowded quickly as students poured. The buzz of chatter filled the halls and I had to raise my voice to be heard by Nathan.

"Have you met Katerina?" I questioned as I swept my mass of curls behind my shoulder.

"No," he droned as he twirled a single curl from my hair. I swatted his hand away.

"Leave my curls alone."

"Sorry," he defensively raised up his hands. "It was in the way."

I squinted my eyes at him knowing fully well it was a lie and that he was probably wondering how hair could look so untamed. It happens often. I turned my attention back to the entrance of the school hoping I would spot him. Instead I spotted Katerina with Tamina. They approached us and I beamed. "Nathan this is Katerina, Katerina this is Nathan. He's a good friend of ours." Katerina smiled politely. She looked pretty in a floral dress with her hair pulled into a messy bun.

"Nate," Tamina greeted as she pulled Nathan into a hug. Nathan, Tamina, and I were all good friends. Our parents were friends as well so we were pretty much siblings.

Nathan frowned, "You guys and hugs. I can only tolerate one a day." Tamina rolled her eyes and I joined her. In a sense he was right, Tamina and I did love hugs. We rubbed off on Nathan because most times he was the one giving the hugs.

"1 John 4:7, Let your love from God pour from one to another." Tamina's biblical wisdom shined. "I'm just doing what the Lord says." She engulfed him in another hug.

Those who are loved by God, let his love continually pour from you to one another, because God is love. Everyone who loves is fathered by God and experiences an intimate knowledge of him.
1 John 4:7 TPT

"Help," he whispered. I chuckled and turned my attention to Katerina. "What class do you have?" She seemed to have been deep in thought as she stared at the students passing by.

"What classes do you have?" I placed my hand on her arm drawing her attention back.
Her eyes widened in realisation.

"Math," she responded. I gave a nod, "I have English, at least we have History together."

She smiled back and seemed to retreat back into her thoughts. I focused back on my mission of finding Kaden. Still no sight of him anywhere.

"-I was reading that yesterday and truly felt impacted by the revelation." I heard Nathan tell Tamina. I decided to listen on as he continued, " Psalm 22:1 and Mark 15: 34. Jesus quotes Psalm 22:1 in Mark 15:34. It's so profound for many reasons. I took note of how Jesus knew his scripture so well that even in that moment as death approached all he said was the word of God."

My brows furrowed as I sank in the information. I took out my phone from my jean pocket and opened the Bible app.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
Psalms 22:1 ESV

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Mark 15:34 ESV