Two - The French girl

Zelda was standing on a top of a hill watching over to the castle saddened. Somewhere in there, her hero was battling against a terrible evil.

"It truly is a tragedy." She said softly to her nursemaid who was standing next to her.

"Fret not Princess, I'm sure the boy will succeed." The old lady responded. Then she turned to look at her. "What is his name?"

"What?" Zelda asked. "The hero's?" She shrugged. "I don't really know. He never told me. I've never bothered to ask either though."

"I see. What do you think his name could be?"

She looked at her old nursemaid as the setting sun reflected from her blue eyes. "Link."

"Link?" The old woman asked surprised.

Zelda nodded. "It just sounds familiar."

                                                                          ~

"Zelda? Zelda!" The King yelled at her daughter who was once more gazing over the castle. "I have something.. I would like to tell you.."

Zelda turned around amused. "What is it?"

The King sighed and revealed a piece of a sword behind his back. "We believe... This is-"

Zelda's eyes widened in that very second. Could it be... Link's..?! "No.. It can't be.."

The King nodded. "He failed this kingdom." The ground started to shake.

Zelda gasped and looked at her father who didn't do anything. He just stood there and looked at her. Zelda turned around and saw a massive oily looking creature attack towards them. Now she couldn't move either. She looked at the creature with widened eyes.
"It was always meant to end like this.."

                                               ~ 3rd of August, 1939, France ~

Zelda woke up frightened and breathing heavily. She looked around her. She saw other passengers leering at her direction.
It was all just a dream?
She sighed and wondered how long she had been sleeping. She looked outside of the window next to her. She saw many sceneries passing by as the train ran along the tracks. She then pulled a crumpled letter from her jacket's pocket. She read it once more.

"Bonjour, Zelda!
Your mother has been so worried about you. I have tried to tell her that you are already a adult lady and can take care of yourself. But she doesn't believe me. Soupir.
I've been a bit nervous too. But I'm sure everything will go just fine! And oh! In case we forgot to mention, happy 21st birthday, our Princess! We hope you'll make alot of new friends in Paris, and in general enjoy your new life in there! Don't forget to write us back to Valenciennes whenever you have spare time!
Beaucoup de câlins et de bisous!
- Mom & Dad "
She smiled as she watched the letter and it's messy handwriting. She put the letter back to her pocket and buttoned her jacket up.

"Arrivée à Paris!" A conductor shouted from the door of the wagon.

Zelda grabbed her luggage and stood up. She waited until the train had stopped and walked out. She looked all around her. She breathed the city air inside her nostrils. For all her life people had called her crazy for wanting to go to the city and leave the suffocating suburbs behind. It's not the comfort of home she wanted to escape. It's the discomfort of people there. She can't wait for the day she can fit in with the waves of people in a busy city, the day she can finally feel like she fits in somewhere. That'll be a good day.
People were trying to get past her as fast as they possibly could. Paris truly is a busy city. Zelda felt how the strong wind blew through her open blonde hair. Her triangle earrings in her weirdly pointy ears were also affected by the wind. Her hat almost flew away but she caught it at the very last second. She continued making her way deeper into the city of love, her new home.

As she reached the second floor in her new house in Rue Béatrix Dussane street, she got her key from her left pocket and opened the door. She threw her heels off her feet and walked around in the apartment. It had two rooms, a bathroom and a kitchen. All of her furniture were in the house in packages.

"Atleast I have something to work on while I wait for next week.." She said to herself, hands on her hips. "I wonder.. Where did I put the job application again..?" She searched through her luggage. She was going to start her new career as a businesswoman in a highly respecteded French company. She was known by many in Valenciennes, where she grew up, mainly because of her pretty looks, her wisdom and her job, which also was a businesswoman.
She had been bullied her whole life because of her pointy ears, her height and her weight. She knows she has weird pointy ears, so do her siblings and parents, she is almost six feet tall and is not the skinniest. People often have called a elf because of her ears, and a titan of some sort because of her height. But probably the most hurtful words she has ever heard, when one boy from her class nine years ago, told her that she'll never get anywhere in her life.
But she proved them all wrong. Just look at her now. Succesful, living in Paris, loving life. She smiled to herself.

"Ah, there you are.." She mumbled as she took a fine piece of paper full of French writing from her bag. She put it to the table and walked back to the hall and started to unpack her things. Because she did not have the tools needed to build up her bed, she had to sleep only on the mattress for now. As she was setting her livingroom up she heard a knock on the door. As she walked towards the door to open it she thought curiously who it could be.

"Bonjour mademoiselle!" A paperboy greeted Zelda happily. "Today's newspaper! Là vous allez!" He handed her a rolled newspaper, waved and left.

"Merci!" Zelda shouted after him and closed the door. She walked to her small kitchen and sat down to a chair. She was not a big fan of reading the newspaper. They just tend to make small things into 'big and bad'. She opened the newspaper anyway and read the first article that caught her eye.

August 3rd
Germany's new supreme leader
Recently in Germany, a new leader was chosen, a well known, hot-headed man, is now in the head of the country. Germany seemed to be very sure about their cast of vote and choice. The new leader has sworn loyalty to the country, 'Germany first!' He have been saying over and over again. Neighbour countries are a bit nervous about what's coming with the election but the French president says 'it's nothing to be worried about, let's all welcome him with open minds!'

"Greatly said Albert François Lebrun, this is why I casted my vote for you." Zelda hymned. This type of articles were the reason Zelda hates newspapers, over these small news, such a big deal just has to be made. She snorted and stood up. She walked to her bedroom changed her clothes and went to sleep.