Eleven - Twins

~ 29th of July ~

Zelda was practically sitting on the bathroom floor leaning on the washbasin cabinet. She had been feeling nauseous for the whole night and morning.

"Z-Zelda?" She could hear Link say surprised behind her back. "It's six-thirty in the morning, what in the world are you doing?" He asked and rushed to help her up.

"Ughnn.." Zelda responded. "I.. I don't feel too good.."

Link grabbed her arm to help her hold her balance. "I can see that. Come now, we need to get you back to bed.." Link sighed and helped the carefully walking Zelda back to their bedroom.

"How long had you been in the bathroom anyway?" Link then asked as he sat down next to Zelda who was holding her stomach.

"Too long." Zelda responded scornfully.

"Oh dear." Link crossed his arms. "I'll have to go get you some medicine."

Zelda was lying down in the bed now holding her hands in her forehead. "Please do." She mumbled.

"I'll get some food supplies as well." Link stood up and dressed up in his army uniform. "It's quite early but I'm sure somebody is out there.." He thought. He kissed Zelda's forehead and left.

~ 12th of August ~

Link and Zelda were sitting in the doctors office unpatiently waiting to hear what in the world was the cause of Zelda's sickness. The doctor walked in. "Miss Fraysse, during these last eight weeks you have been developing morning nauseouness, a crave for food, headaches, back pain and other similiar things. Am I not correct?" He asked with his annoyingly perfect French accent.

Zelda nodded. "It annoys me." She started. "Actually everything annoys me." She crossed her arms.

"Uh-huh." The doctor nodded back. "Well.. We've took the test.."

"The test?" Zelda asked. "Just tell me what is wrong with me already and quit making this any longer." She spat.
Link nodded next to her unpatiently.

"There is nothing wrong with you, Miss Fraysse." The doctor smiled.

Zelda was now looking very angry, hands on her hips she stood up. "Then what the hell is it?!" She raged throwing her bracelet to the floor.

"Zelda, dear, calm down." Link tried to calm her down as he picked her golden bracelet up from the floor.

"Mhm. Well, you have a small person growing inside you! No - wait, two persons in fact! You are pregnant with twins, toutes nos félicitations!" The doctor presented happily.

Zelda's face froze, Link's did as well, he dropped the bracelet back to the floor that instant and almost fell down along with it.
"What?!" Zelda yelled.

"You're kidding, right?" Link said appalled.

"Heh heh, nope. Congrats!" The doctor patted Zelda's back.

"Oh my god.." Zelda's voice cracked as she sat back down. She was looking at the ground with pale eyes. "How can I..." She questioned.

"Are you serious! What are we supposed to do?!" Link shook the doctor back and forth and yelled at his face.

"I don't know, raise the children maybe?" The doctor responded arrogantly. "Sheesh, very mature of you." He pushed Link away and sat in front of Zelda who was holding her head.

"Miss Fraysse, this is a huge responsibility, do you think you will be able to handle it?" He asked carefully.

"I.. I don't know.." Zelda said quietly.

"Of course we can't!" Link yelled behind their backs. "We ain't no parent material!"

"Will you be quiet for a moment!?" The doctor yelled back at him. "Actually just get out so I can speak with your wife for a moment!" He scooted the panicking Link outside from the door and closed it before he could get back in.

"She is not my wife!" They could still hear him smashing his fists to the door and yelling outside.

"My goodness. Is he always so hard to handle?" The doctor asked from Zelda.

"No, never." She responded with a bit more relaxed tone. "He must've gotten a shock by these news, but to be honest, I'm in shock too."

"I understand totally, Miss Zelda. So, this was not a planned pregnancy?"

Zelda shook her head. "No, no, it was not. I am only twenty two years old.. I was not even planning on having any kids... Especially at the time of war." She inhaled and exhaled slowly. "While Link is soon twenty five, it does not make him very old to be a parent either."

"Mhm. I see. The fact that you two are indeed having twins, can make it rougher."

Zelda nodded. "But.. Atleast, can you please, tell me, are we having daughters or sons, or both?" Zelda looked at the doctor with hopeful eyes.

The doctor sighed. "Well, we cannot be one hundred percent sure, of course not, but what it seems like, is that they are both boys." He then flashed a smile at her.

"Oh goodness me.." Zelda leaned backwards and held her hand at her forehead. "I bet Link will be happy about the fact that they are boys atleast.." She then curved a little smile on her face.

The doctor looked at Zelda who was at ease. "Shall we let him back in and tell him?"

"Uh-huh." Zelda answered.

The doctor stood up and walked to the door and opened it carefully. "Mister Dietrich, you can come back in."

Link hurled up from the hallway chair and ran inside. He sat next to Zelda. "It was about that damn time." He spat.

"Well we just discussed about the children, and as far as the staff here can tell, they are both boys." Zelda explained to him.

After hearing that Link's eyebrows raised and his smug face turned into the biggest smile Zelda had ever seen on his face. "Really?" He yelled excited. "That has filled my heart with rainbows!" He celebrated.

Zelda laughed a bit. "Maybe it won't be so bad afterall." She hooked her arm around Link and smiled.

"We'll sort it out." Link smiled too.

The doctor sighed from relief. "Well I am glad that you two are now at ease about this." He writed some notes and then quickly signed them. "Miss Fraysse, Mister Dietrich, come see me again after two months." He handed the sweethearts the notes. "If we are all clear, I guess I'll see you again soon." He shook the pair's hands and waved as they walked out.

Outside Link couldn't decide wether to be excited or terrified. "I'm going to be a father!" He rejoiced.

Zelda giggled. "I'm happy to see you're excited." She then sighed. "I'm not completely sure how will we manage to raise two children at such young age.."

"Don't worry, miel, we may be young, but that doesn't mean we can't be amazing parents, does it?" Link held her hand.

"I guess you're right." She laughed. "For now, let's just keep on living our normal lives."