Six - See you later

~ 25th of August ~

Zelda finished writing. She tossed the pencil to the table and sighed. "There." She straightened the papers up. "Why did you make me write all your and my dreams of the 'kingdoms' down to these damn papers? My hand hurts now." She snapped.

"Great. Thank you." Link smiled fondly.

"Answer my question." Zelda quickly responded.

"If something shall ever happen to me, and we can't be together, I can always read these." Link answered still smiling.

Zelda looked at Link who was standing in front of her questioningly. "I always knew you were weird, but sheesh."

"Don't start this with me." Link snapped back at her. "You know I'm better than you."

"Try me."

"Why do you have pointy ears like that, elf?"

"You have the exact same kind of ears." Zelda laughed.

"Damn I guess you're right." Link thought. "But atleast my hair on the backside isn't weirdly longer than those some hairs you've grown to in front of your ears like that. And then you keep those blue things around them. What's the point?"

"Things? These are fashionable you know." Zelda leaned on her hand and twisted her long hair that grew in front of her ears going all the way to her chest area. "Judging by your talking just now, you're not very good at explaining things." She winked.

Link retorted and grabbed Zelda by her arm, dragging her up from the chair all the way outside. "I didn't plan to stay at Paris for this long but since I know you love me, I can't escape." He laughed. "Let's do something."

"Aren't you funny." Zelda nagged trying to keep up with Link's speed.

"Don't worry I love you too Princess. I'll never leave your side!" He laughed.

Zelda rolled her eyes. "Where are you even taking me?"

"I don't know, let the wind guide us!"

~ 30th of August ~

Days passed and the two sillies were never sepreated from each other. They spent every moment together. Until one fateful morning Link recieved a letter from a unknown sender.

"Good morning sleepyhead!" Link greeted happily.

"Get lost." Zelda mumbled half asleep.

"I made us breakfast already, get up!"

"It's like.. 6 am.." Zelda yawned and scratched her eyes.

"It's actually 9.30 am." Link dragged Zelda up to the table in his kitchen where the two ate wonderful breakfast together. After that Zelda went back to her own apartment to get ready for work. She had a night shift today, so no worries about rushing.

She took a shower and washed her long golden hair, she dried it as soon as she got out of the shower because she absolutely hated the feeling of her own wet hair splashing against her back. Only wearing a towel she went to look for clothes. She had just washed her previously worn clothes so she had to go with something else. It's a good thing she owns several pairs of skirts. She put on a black tight skirt and a white collar shirt. She braided the bottom of her hair and left the rest open. She was feeling so lazy today, but she dragged herself back to the bathroom and applied light makeup. She put her triangle earrings to her ears, applied bright red lipstick and put on a necklace.

"Pas mal." She sighed to herself as she turned around in front of her mirror. "Even if I say so myself." She put on not the highest heels she owns because she hates using high heels since she's already so tall. But in the 1930's women only wear heels. Garbage, absolute garbage, that's what Zelda thinks about that. She placed her stylish hat to her head and started packing her bag.

After a while she heard an silent knock at her door. She went to open the door and to her surprise it was Link.
He was holding a huge luggage in his hand. His hat on his other hand he stood there, not saying a word he looked at Zelda.

"What? Say something!" Zelda smiled. "Am I so beautiful that you've got no words left?" She giggled.

Link looked at her saddened and she could see a single tear fall down his cheek.

Zelda's smile quickly turned upside down as fear flamed in her eyes. "Link, what is wrong? Why do you have your luggage with you..?" She could get the words out of her mouth.

Link looked at the ground now. "Zelda, your words are kind and your heart is true." He whispered. "I know you'll do alright.. Even when I'm gone."

Zelda looked at Link's eyes almost crying, clueless about what is going on. "What are you saying to me?!" She almost yelled.

Link was quiet again. He put his luggage down and hugged Zelda with all of his might. He then looked her into her sky blue eyes and kissed her quickly.
Zelda watched saddened as Link stepped away from her and wiped the red lipstick off his lips that had sticked onto them as the two shared their kiss.

He picked his heavy luggage to his hand again and put his hat on. He turned away from Zelda and walked the stairs down.

"Link!" Zelda yelled at him and ran out of her apartment after him.

Link was opening the outside door but after hearing Zelda's voice he turned around.

"Where are you going?!" Zelda screamed tears falling down her face.

Link inhaled and exhaled slowly. He opened the door. "Zelda... I..." He started quietly. "See you later..." He walked outside from the door and stepped inside into a bus filled with other men.

And there was Zelda. The girl who had no idea what just happened, or what is going to happen now. She stood there wondering where did she go wrong. Wondering why did he leave her side.

Wondering, is it really that easy to leave her side?