Nine - Soldier boy

~ 14th of June ~

During the past weeks France has stood no chance against Germany's might. The Germans have already conquered nearly every corner of France. Only couple cities were left, including Paris.

7.50 pm. It had been a rainy day. The sky was covered totally in dark clouds.
Zelda was reading and writing - normal stuff, in her kitchen. She suddenly heard extraordinarily loud noises outside. She dropped her old quill back to the half filled ink bottle and stood up. She walked to her bedroom to see what was going on. She opened the curtains and her eyes widened that instant. She saw hundreds, if not thousands, of soldiers marching along the streets of Paris. They weren't French. They were Germans.
The Germans had reached Paris.

"Non..!" Zelda said to herself silently as her eyes turned grey from sadness and fear.

But soon after Zelda heard a knock on her door. She was hesitant at first, thinking that it's a German soldier, coming to take her out of her house, or probably just shoot her right here. So she just walked back to the kitchen without making a noise. Soon after she heard another knock, it wasn't aggressive. It was silent, gentle, calm. Zelda walked doubtfully to the door and decided to open it.

In front of her stood a familiar face. A German soldier indeed. Blood dripping from his army uniform, scratches and wounds all over his body, he still had the sparkle of hope shining in his deep blue eyes. "...See? I told you we'd meet again." He smiled gently.

Zelda gasped quickly but her shocked face turned into the most sweetest smile, that could melt even the hardest ice. "Link.." She whispered. "Welcome home.." She closed him into a long hug. Her arms were soft, yet strong.

The feel of Zelda's body so close to his soothed him more than he had expected. He felt how Zelda's tears slided down his uniform through a ripped part, into a wound he had. It didn't hurt. He could sense a healing with her salty tears. He smiled. "I'm sorry it took so long."

"I was so worried." Zelda cried. "Why didn't you tell me where you were going before you left..!?"

"I...I didn't have a choice. I had to go. It was supposed to be a secret to everybody." Link sighed.

Zelda cried even harder against Link's shoulder. "You could've been killed!" She shouted to Link as she was terrified to see him in such a bad condition.

"But I didn't." He said running his hand through Zelda's long hair. "I kept on fighting for you."

Zelda raised her head from Link's shoulder and looked at him. She then was able to curve a little smile onto her face. But it was soon gone. She grabbed his hand and dragged the poor man to the bathroom, he couldn't even walk propely. "Look at yourself. We need to get you into a better condition." She removed all of Link's bloody clothes and sat him down to a bathtub. She washed his hair and wounded body. Then she helped him out of the tub, and started to heal all of the wounds he had. Luckily she was experienced in this. She then got Link some clean clothes from Link's suitcase. She dressed him up and brushed his blonde hair.

"Much better." She smiled as she tossed the bloody clothes to a platter so she could wash them later.

"Thank you, Princess." Link smiled calmly.

Zelda nodded in response, she then walked Link to her bed to rest. She tucked him under the blanket. "Wait here. I'll be right back." She said and walked to the kitchen. She made some red mediciene potion, and gathered up a mix of all the foods she could possibly find from her cabinets. She went back to her bedroom. "Here you go." She said as she placed the food to her bedside table and sat next to the bed.

"Hou la la! You didn't really need to bring me any of this.. I'm just causing you troubles." Link said surprised.

Zelda petted his hair. "It's okay. I'm glad you're back." She smiled. "Eat and rest. You'll need it." She looked at her down at her hands. "Trust me."

Link nodded. "I will."

"You're not leaving me again, are you?" Zelda then asked saddened.

Link was silent. He sighed and now also turned to look away from her. "I.." He started with trembling voice. "Hopefully not. But.. I'm afraid after they notice I'm gone, I'll have to go."

Zelda looked at Link who was sitting in the bed. "Then.. Are you not coming back to me?"

"Of course I am." Link then smiled gently. "True love has a habit of coming back." He winked.

Zelda's sad lips, turned around and she was smiling once again. "I'm glad." She stood up. She walked to her closet and changed her tight skirt away to a night tunic. Then she walked back to Link. "Good night." She smiled.

Link looked surprised. "Where are you going?"

"To sleep."

"But..-" Link started.

"You can sleep in my bed until you feel better. I'll sleep in the couch." Zelda walked to the door and closed the lights.

"No, no, Zelda, you sleep here." Link tried to get up from the bed, but quickly fell back down.

"Please. Link. Do as I wish, for once." Zelda smiled.

Link sighed. "Very well."

"Thank you. Good night, soldier boy." Zelda wished and silently walked over to the living room.

"Night, sleepyhead.." She could then hear Link whisper.

She smiled as she made a bed for herself to the couch and pressed her head to the soft pillow.

~
So recently I've been thinking about making an art book of some sort. Idk. Y'all have seemed to be enjoying the art I've posted, so I have been thinking about it. If any of you Hylians are interested in checking it out, tell me. Also thank you everybody for +400 views in such a short time. :) I'll probably be offline for the couple next days, it's my birthday coming up this saturday and I'll be spending time with the fam.

*edit , added names to all chapters including this one.