The Sun

The city was huge.  I knew from experience there were so many places to go and people to meet.  The one person I didn't like meeting, however, was the police officers.   Unfortunately, in my case, they were kind of hard to avoid.  I tucked myself back into the alley and hid in the shadow, which was a little difficult  considering my natural hair color is a light gold.  Sighing softly, I wiped the dirt from the walls and ground beneath me and covered my hair in it. Then I cleaned my hands on my scruffy t-shirt, keeping my back against the wall.  I was well known in New York as a homeless thief, and that wasn't the reputation I wanted to have here.  I ran across the street and ducked behind another building.  My backstory was tough.  I came from a wealthy family in Texas, but when my mother died- I never knew my father- my aunt tried to raise me.  She favoured my  cousin to me greatly, and eventually she started to hurt me.  I ran away as far as I could, stealing food when I could and traveling by foot and train.  I came to rest in New York, and I just never left.  I was used to running into the police, but I was never actually caught.  I shrunk into another shadow and darted by a lady carrying grocery bags, grabbing one of her bananas on the way.  I really wish I could do what I liked most- play music.  I had practiced all sorts of instruments back in Texas, but I really loved just one of them. I often posed as a beggar to save up for one, but so far I still needed a few dollars and people here usually paid me in pennies.  I sighed as I kicked a stone up to an old abandoned building and pulled a loose stone from the wall, revealing a few cans filled with coins and bills.  I wasn't saving up for anythings special, only music.  I added today's pay to an emptier can and sighed again.  Only $2.00 to go.  Maybe if I was lucky, that only would take another week.

HEY GUYS HOW ARE YOU ALL LIKING IT SO FAR? IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ANYTHING GO AHEAD AND I WILL CONSIDER THEM ALL! LOVE YOU ALL, SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER!!

XXSAM