The Artist

I didn't mind New York very much. In truth, I quite liked it. It was a big, bustling city and our apartment reminded me a lot of the one we had back home.
"Dad?"
"Si?" My dad looked up at me.
"Can I... go explore?"
"Si. Just, be back before 8:00."
I nodded and ran outside, slipping my black jacket over my shoulders and tucking my hands in my pockets before starting my walk. I passed tons of tall buildings and shoved through huge crowds until I finally made it to a lonelier part of the city. It was kind of like Italy. There were small shops and with couple people passing through, a few alleys and an apartment building. I particularly noticed a tall, messy, dirty boy with shiny, clear blue eyes filled with sadness and hope leaning against a wall.  He looked around kind of suspiciously and ducked back, things jangling in his almost torn pocket.  Out of curiosity, I followed him.  Keeping my distance, we weaved through buildings and alleys until we came across an old, wrecked building.  The boy removed a brick from the wall then placed a few coins in the empty space and replaced the brick.  He slumped against it and all of a sudden I felt like I was trespassing.  I turned and ran home as fast and quietly as I could.  The boy didn't leave my mind all day. 

It was Monday.  I set up a stand in the quieter part of the city, where I had been yesterday.  Sure enough, the boy was there.  I placed my sketchbook and pencils down, then hung up a sign:  $1 per picture!
I was an artist- or so I had been told.  Within two hours I had sold 17 drawings, each one capturing the life of the city around me.  I even drew the boy I saw,  making sure to make the crystal tears in his eyes evident.  I saw the lady who bought that one cry as she walked away staring at it.  At the end of the day I had a good $37 dollars, and so I snuck back and put it behind the boy's brick, under a rock with a note- for you.
The next day I returned on my motorcycle.  I parked it next to my stand and continued drawing, but this time I did my Italian neighborhood.  I roughly colored them with pastels and by the end of the day I was covered in pencil shavings and colorful streaks.  I added my earnings to the boys again.  I continued this for the rest of the week, until on Friday I got a note back.  Behind the brick, carved into the bottom-
Thank you, but I can't take this.

THANKS FOR READING GUYS I WILL UPDATE SOON!! AS ALWAYS, SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER!!
XXSAM