The Sun

The next year was blur.  We chose everything for the wedding, invited the guests, and spent endless nights awake worrying, but it would all be worth it, we knew.  Charlie had opened another shop across the country, expanding her business and making a chain.  We were truly happy for her, and that meant that she had to move out to start again.  Nico and I had the whole house to ourselves now, it was ours. 

I took a deep breath. 
"Will, it's gonna be fine.  Trust me.  You'll do great, it'll be fine." Hazel reassured me.  We had become fast friends since the first time we met.  She straightened my suit and brushed a curl out of my eyes.  "You look amazing." I smiled nervously, then took another breath as the doors opened.   Charlie walked me down the aisle, but the only thing I was focused on was the man at the end.  He looked incredible, not just because of what he was wearing. I stood in front of Nico in my white suit.  He wore a black suit with a white rose, his hair was quiffed softly, and his face showed a small, nervous smile.  I was truly in love with him.  I couldn't hear what the priest said as I took Nico's hand and he squeezed softly.   His eyes seemed to send a message.
You okay?
Yeah.  I'm great.
It'll be fine.  He smiled.  I smiled back.