In Your Dreams

Chapter 1~ In Your Dreams

What am I going to do with you, little boy?

Even with the irresistible desire to look up, I kept my wide-eyed gaze to the floor. I didn't know why, but I felt like it was required of me to keep my eyes down. It felt as though I would disappoint him if I were to look up. Lightly, I felt a hand brush calmingly through my hair, causing me to lean into his touch, and I closed my eyes.

"I'm going to have to punish you, Jasper," his breath softly tickling my ear, and his deep voice causing a shiver to run through my body.

"JASPER!"

I was torn from my dream by my best friend, Avalon, jumping onto me. I growled at her, glaring. She just laughed at me, jumping up and down. She knew I could never actually be mad at her. Shaking my head, I got out of bed--not caring if Ava saw me pretty close to naked, as she does see me as so frequently--and went to the bathroom.

"Did you hear the news?" Ava called after me.

I quickly brushed my hair and teeth and did whatever I needed before walking out again to answer Ava. She was sitting on my bed, but now an outfit was laid on my bed. Ava looked at me with a look of mischief in her eyes.

I rolling my eyes, I replied, "What news is it this time, Avalon?"

She gave me a look of disgust for using her full name, then jumped up and smiled, "There's a new professor starting today for Art! And I heard he is still pretty young and handsome!"

Ava winked at me, and I just sighed. "So what, Ava?"

"Maybe he'll see you and fall in love! The forbidden romance you've been dying for!" Ava sighed dramatically before falling onto the bed.

Avalon was a drama student, and she absolutely loved the idea of forbidden romance--like Romeo and Juliet. She also made it her life goal to hook me up with someone and make my love life a forbidden story that she made up.

"Ava, that's what you've been dying for," I told her exasperatedly, rolling my eyes. Even if there was a new teacher starting today--especially one so young and handsome--all the girls would probably be falling over him. Besides, he's probably not gay anyway.

"Just get dressed already so we can see this new teacher!" Ava shook her head before leaving my room, then called back, "Hurry up, babe!"

Shaking my head, I looked at the outfit she picked out for me. It was a pair of skinny jeans and a well fitted tee shirt. Shaking my head--I'm surprised my head doesn't fall off from all the shaking--I put on the outfit, then pulled a sweatshirt on over the tee shirt. I grabbed my backpack and made my way downstairs. Ava was sitting in the kitchen, munching on an apple. Glaring softly at her, I sat at the counter with her. She looked at me with disbelief.

"Why are you wearing that sweatshirt, Jasper!" she cried, glaring at me.

"Because I like it, Ava. We should hurry up before we're late to class" I rolled my eyes before walking towards the door.

Ava ran after me, and we made our way towards the school. I lived in an apartment a few blocks from the school. Living on campus seemed too crowded, and crowds made me afraid and anxious, so I decided to live a few blocks away. Ava also lives in an apartment close to mine, as she didn't want me to be alone.

"So what do you think about having a new teacher?" Ava asked, giggling.

"I really don't care, Avalon. I don't even like art anyway," I sighed.