Chapter 9

After what had transpired in the guild, Makarov had brought Nashi into his office, though she was reluctant to separate from her father. Knowing what Nashi had to share was private; Makarov had the rune mage, Freed Justine, place runes around the office so no one could hear them, not even the dragon slayers. Nashi's tears had dried not long ago and she was feeling much better, although, she was pretty embarrassed. Makarov insured her that no one thought of her badly for crying, that that sort of thing happens. Now the two of them sat silently in the comfort of Makarovs office. Nashi had yet to speak.

"Well Nashi, I'd first like to introduce myself. My name is Master Makarov. I'm in charge of the guild." Nashi just stared at him; her eyes still red from her crying.

"From what I understand, your mother was kidnapped. Can you tell me exactly what happened?" Nashi was about to when she remembered what her mother told her before she was taken. She wanted to trust this man, but she didn't know if it was the best idea to reveal everything that had been said and done the day of her mothers kidnapping. Makarov saw the conflict in her eyes and leaned closer to her from where he was sitting on his desk.

"Nashi, I know this whole situation must be difficult for you. You lost the person you trust most in the world and you have no idea if we are as trustworthy as her," Nashi watched as Makarov smiled, "but Nashi, know that you can trust me with anything. I am your grandfather after all."

Nashi had not been expecting that. She gaped at him like a fish while Makarov chuckled.

"Well, in a sense at least. I'm not blood related, but I consider all my brats as my children, and seeing as you are the daughter of Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel, that makes you my grandchild." Nashi's mind was blown.

"H-How did you know that?" the old master sighed and cast his eyes down to his desk.

"After your mother left, one of her spirits came to my office with a bunch of letters. They were addressed to me, to your mother's friends, and to your father. The letter addressed to me explained the whole situation as to why she left the guild and told me not to tell anyone." Makarov opened one of the desk drawers and pulled out a book. He placed it at the head of the desk so Nashi could see. She was shocked to find that it was her mother's book, "but I did do my best to keep tabs on her."

Nashi began to grow nervous. If the master had made the connection between Lucy Ashley and Lucy Heartfilia, did that mean the rest of her mother's friend's did too. Master Makarov sighed.

"Don't worry about them finding out. Reading isn't exactly my brats favorite pass time, though I wouldn't be surprised if Levy found out upon reading the first paragraph." Nashi let a breath of relief out, knowing her secret was still that, a secret.

"So, will you tell me what happened?" Nashi thought about it once more before agreeing.

"We were walking home from school. When we got there, there were these strange men I the house." Makarov listened attentively.

"What did they want?" He asked.

"Mommy told me they wanted her and her gate keys, or at least that's what she believed." Makarov nodded, telling Nashi to continue.

"They talked about some stuff. I learned about my mommy's real name and who my daddy was. One of the men were planning on selling me to the guild, but Mommy told them about how Daddy didn't know me. The guy in charge decided to…" Nashi didn't want to finish her sentence. Makarov figured out what she meant.

"What else?"

"After that, Mommy summoned one of her spirits and he attacked one of the men. Mommy took out another one. While they were distracted, Mommy took me into her room and used some kind of magic to give her a new outfit."