Chapter 12

A/N: Let's all do the Dab!!*do a dab*

they should just eat at the guild. So Natsu, Nashi, and Happy cleaned up the kitchen, got dressed, and started their way towards the guild. Nashi stood between Natsu and Happy as they walked through Magnolia. Since her and Natsu's talk, Nashi had been trying to think of a way to spend quality time with her daddy. It meant a lot to her knowing he didn't hate her, but he still seemed a bit uncomfortable around her. Nashi had trouble thinking due to the noise around her. Nashi followed the noise and her eyes widened at the sight.

Over the rooftops of Magnolia, Nashi could see an amusement park. From where she was standing, she could see a bunch of roller-coasters and a large Ferris wheel. Nashi thought back to all the times her schoolmates spoke of trips to theme parks such as that one and all the fun they had with their families. A light bulb moment struck Nashi.

The amusement park would be the perfect place to spend time with Daddy! But how do I get him there?

Nashi tightened her grip on her backpack, trying to find a suitable way to persuade him to come. She knew he wouldn't just take her there, so she had to persuade him, but how?

"What could you have in that backpack that's so important that you take it everywhere?"

Natsu's question pulled Nashi back to the present. She looked up at her father. She was surprised that he had spoken to her due to his tedious attitude towards her, but it thrilled her nonetheless. Nashi thought about the things she had packed before coming to Magnolia.

There were her mother's Gate keys, but her mother and Makarov told her not to talk about them.

"Well, I have a map in my bag. Other than that, all that's in here is some of my favorite snacks," Nashi said, patting the backpack. Natsu nodded.

"What kind of food?" he said. Natsu still felt a little awkward with her, but he wanted to at least try to be nice to her and talk to her like a normal human being. Nashi placed a finger on her chin in thought.

"Some jalapenos, bell peppers, and I think I threw in some Tabasco sauce." Natsu couldn't stop the small smirk appearing on his face.

"Ahh, so you enjoy hot foods huh?" Nashi nodded. She told Natsu about her love for hot foods and the amazing dishes her mother would make. Natsu listened intently, taking real interest in what she had to say. From the way Nashi spoke of her, her mother must have been the most precious person in her whole life. It only made Natsu feel worse about his behavior.

"And sometimes when she makes homemade pizza, she uses Tabasco sauce instead of tomato."

"You have a pretty high tolerance for hot foods. Of course, you'd never be able to handle the intensity of my favorite foods." Nashi stopped in her tracks. Natsu and Happy stopped as well, turning to see if something bad had happened to her, only to find her eye twitching.

"What did you say?" she asked. Natsu was a bit confused by this change in demeanor.

"I said you wouldn't be able to handle the foods I eat." Nashi stomped up to Natsu, glaring at him with a fire in her eyes.

"Is that a challenge?" she growled.

Natsu was astonished by this new version of Nashi. What happened to the sweet little girl who was making him breakfast. He had to admit though, he kind of liked this side of her. Natsu smirked as he leaned in closer.

"Maybe. The question is can you beat me?" he asked.

"What's your challenge!" Nashi said, raising her voice. As much as she tried to control it, Nashi had a very competitive side to her. If she was being challenged she refused to back down, even if the odds were against her.