Chapter 24

The small family sat on the dirty floor in contempt. It felt good to finally be together. In fact it was amazing. For so long, they had all gone without all the love required in a family bond, and now they felt complete.

"Um, as much as I don't want to interrupt this family reunion, we have company," The group of three had been completely unaware of Gajeel who was standing by the door. He had a light blush on his eyes, and it almost looked like he was about to cry. The small moment must have been too touching for even him to handle. Natsu was about to tease him until Lucy nudged him, giving him a silent no. Natsu helped Lucy rise to her feet as they started following Gajeel to the others.

"We need to get out of here as soon as possible," he said, clutching Nashi's hand in his as they quickened their pace down the hallway, fighting could be heard at the halls entrance. Natsu glanced over his shoulder; surprised to see Lucy had frozen in her place.

"Natsu, we can't leave just yet."

"What the heck are you talking about Bunny Girl, of course we're leaving," interrupted Gajeel.

"Natsu I need my keys."

"We don't have time for that now Luce," he said in frustration. He had to tell her about Nashi's situation, but he couldn't do it with said girl clutching his hand. It would scare her. Lucy walked up to the Dragon Slayer and grabbed his armored shoulders.

"No Natsu, you have to understand," she spoke, desperation laced in her voice, "If I don't get my keys back, everything we know could change."

"What are you talking about?" he asked quizzically. Gajeel raised an eyebrow in confusion as well.

Lucy sucked in a deep breath, "The Eclipse Gate is here."

Natsu's world suddenly stopped. Carla's vision suddenly resurfaced in his mind. At the time, the idea of seeing the Eclipse Gate was almost impossible, but hearing Lucy confirm it now…

What else could Carla have been right about?

"The master of this guild wants my keys so he can travel back in time to before Zeref became immortal, so he can take his immortality and do the one thing Zeref was too afraid to do."

"What?" Nashi asked nervously, holding her father's hand a bit tighter. Lucy stared into Natsu's eyes, complete fear evident in her own.

"To kill everyone."

The two Dragon Slayer's eyes widened in shock. They couldn't believe what they were hearing. Who would be crazy enough to pull a stunt like that? They had to be insane.

"Wait, doesn't he need Yukino's keys as well? I thought they needed all the Zodiac keys in order to open the Gate" Natsu asked.

"Technically, Hisui never needed all the Zodiac keys, it was just pure coincidence that both me and Yukino had the twelve Zodiac keys. My nine keys should be all they need."

"Wait, nine? I thought you had ten?" Lucy formed an "o" shape with her mouth, seeing her slip up. She forgot she never told anyone about what happened to Aquarius. She was just so heartbroken, and knowing she was pregnant delayed the inevitable. Lucy's brown eyes fell on the floor in front of Natsu.

"I don't have her anymore," she whispered, "her key was destroyed during Tartaros." Lucy was taken back when Natsu suddenly pulled her into a hug. He murmured into her golden locks.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Lucy's lower lip trembled. She really thought she was over this, but it looked like she was wrong. She didn't exactly let all the sadness out or seek comfort from her friends during the period. Lucy could feel the tears begin to build up in her eyes. Before any could fall though, the Iron Dragon Slayer beside them let out a loud groan.