Chapter 19

"You."

Nobody in the room could find the strength to move, or even breath. None of them had been expecting that kind of reveal. Loke, Makarov, and Gray watched as the other members in the room absorbed this new fact.

"We really are stupid," Gajeel muttered. The room suddenly burst with sound. All of them ran up to the master's desk, yelling at him angrily.

"You knew this whole time?" cried Mirajane. She couldn't believe her own guild master hadn't told her why one of her closest friends left the guild, and had a child with one of her brother figures.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Erza growled, lifting a sword up to her master.

Makarov sighed, "It was not my information to share. If Lucy wanted you to know about her pregnancy she would have told you herself."

"Then why didn't she?" Lisanna begged. This changed absolutely everything for her. She couldn't think straight. Makarov held a hand up to silence the angry mages.

"What happened five days prior to you all finding out she left?" The group of mages pondered for a moment, trying to remember the day that happened nine years ago. Wendy's brown eyes widened as they landed on the master.

"Natsu-san and Lisanna-san started dating," she trembled. A few gasps escaped the female mages in the room.

"Lucy loved Natsu and she wanted him to be happy," said Makarov, glancing at said boy whose eyes were covered by his pink locks, "Since Natsu agreed to date Lisanna, she believed that Lisanna would make him happier, so she left to keep him from being tied down by her." The group murmured amongst themselves, they didn't agree with her methods, but they understood why she did it. If Lucy had been honest with them, Natsu would have dumped Lisanna to help her raise the child, but Lucy didn't want that. Lucy always cared about her friends more than herself. If she wanted Natsu to be happy, this is what she would have done.

The group jumped when they heard a sharp gasp. The startled eyes fell on Juvia who was holding her hands over her mouth, tears threatening to fall from her blue eyes. The girl was shaking fiercely.

"B-But, if all of this is true, t-then the person that was captured, the one p-probably being t-tortured as we speak, is LUCY-SAN!" No one in the room had realized that until now. Nashi was here to save her mother, which meant that it was Lucy, their friend, who had been taken. Mira fell on her knees, sobbing loudly. Gray did what he could to comfort Juvia. He could see Natsu's fist trembling from where he stood. Now that he thought about it, Natsu hadn't spoken since he found out he was Nashi's father. He couldn't help but wonder what was going through his mind.

"Now that you all know about Lucy's predicament," the master spoke in all seriousness, "I expect this to be everyone's top priority. One of our nakama needs us, and we will save her." All in the room nodded in understanding and determination.

They would get her back for sure.

"Now if you don't mind, " he spoke softly, "I would like to speak to Natsu alone." Wendy helped Mira off the ground and they all walked out of the master's office. Lisanna and Happy gave Natsu one final glance before following their friends.

Now all that was left was Makarov at his desk and Natsu in the corner. The old master waited a few moments before deciding to speak. He could not even comprehend what was going on in his child's mind now. He must have felt astonished, broken, betrayed.

The old man let out a sigh, "You haven't say a word, are you okay?" he asked. Natsu's lower lip trembled with anger.

"S-So, it's true. Nashi is mine?" he asked, even though he knew the answer. The master said nothing, letting the silence be his reply.