Chapter 28

🌟 Epilogue 🔥

The mover lifted the box with ease and squeezed through the doorframe of Lucy's apartment, or old apartment. Lucy thanked him for his service and turned back to the empty room. All of her furniture had been removed earlier that week except for a few stray boxes, which had just been taken care of. The room now reminded her of the first week she had arrived at the guild. She sighed happily, she was really going to miss it, but now she was moving in with her husband.

Husband, it sounded to good to be true. When her and Natsu got back to the guild and told them of Natsu's proposal, the guild burst into full out party mode. Everyone congratulated the couple, even Lisanna to Lucy's surprise. They didn't speak too much during the party, but Lisanna made it clear that she was truly happy for them and wished them a happy future. Lucy couldn't be anymore overjoyed that she was still her friend.

It didn't take Fairy Tail long to plan the perfect wedding for Natsu and Lucy. It took place within he month and it was the most beautiful wedding Lucy had ever been to, and it was her own. Lucy smiled the entire time and Natsu couldn't take his eyes off of her in her beautiful gown. And now, four months later, Lucy Heartfilia was now officially Lucy Dragneel.

Lucy rubbed her hands over her growing abdomen, a content smile on her face. Since they had a baby on the way, Lucy had delayed her move out until Natsu and the other men of the guild could add extensions to his house, or their house. Now that they were done, Lucy and Natsu could finally move into their little home. Taking one more look around the room, Lucy strolled to the door and closed it lightly.

She gave her landlady her key and gave her a hug, thanking her for everything she had done since Lucy moved there. She walked into the crowded streets of Magnolia, casting one last glance at her beloved apartment.

"Excess me?" a voice said beside her.

Lucy looked to her left to find a young couple walking up to her. The man had friendly brown eyes and green hair combed back neatly. His arm was wrapped around a smaller woman with short white hair and purple eyes. Lucy couldn't help but notice that the woman's stomach was about as plump as her own. She gave them a cheery smile.

"Hello there, can I help you?"

"Yes actually," the man stated, pointing at the apartment building in front of them, "I was wondering if you knew if that building had any open rooms. We saw you leaving it and assumed you knew."

Lucy nodded, "Why yes I do actually. I just moved out of mine. My old landlady would be happy to help you."

The woman clapped her hands excitedly, "Thank goodness. We have been looking all over town for an open apartment, we were starting to think we would have to try another town."

"It's no problem. I'd be happy to help new parents to be. As you can see, I'm having my own" she said, gesturing to her round stomach. The man pulled his wife into a sideways hug as the three laughed.

"Do you know what you're having?" the white haired woman questioned.

"We're having a girl," she said, meaning her and Natsu. The woman gasped, startling Lucy.

"So are we! Maybe we can schedule play dates for them!" Lucy liked the sound of that and she was sure Natsu would agree.