Something Wild

This song. It's amazing, and one of my favorites.

It's by Lindsey Stirling, a violinist, who's amazing and go check out her stuff on YouTube.

Enjoy, ya idgits.

You had your maps drawn
You had other plans
To hang your hopes on
Every road they let you down felt so wrong
So you found another way

You've got a big heart
The way you see the world
It got you this far
You might have some bruises
And a few of scars
But you know you're gonna be okay

Even though you're scared
You're stronger than you know

If you're lost out where the lights are blinding
Caught in all, the stars are hiding
That's when something wild calls you home, home
If you face the fear that keeps you frozen
Chase the sky into the ocean
That's when something wild calls you home, home

Sometimes the past can
Make the ground beneath you feel like a quicksand
You don't have to worry
You reach for my hand
And I know you're gonna be okay
You're gonna be okay

Even though you're scared
You're stronger than you know

If you're lost out where the lights are blinding
Caught in all, the stars are hiding
That's when something wild calls you home, home
If you face the fear that keeps you frozen
Chase the sky into the ocean
That's when something wild calls you home, home

Calls you home
Calls you home
Calls you home
Calls you home

If you're lost out where the lights are blinding
Caught in all, the stars are hiding
That's when something wild calls you home...

If you're lost out where the lights are blinding
Caught in all, the stars are hiding
That's when something wild calls you home, home
If you face the fear that keeps you frozen
Chase the sky into the ocean
That's when something wild calls you home, home

~~

I'm not sure exactly how to describe exactly what this song means. 

What it means for me, at least. What I hope it can mean for all of you. 

The lovely Gabriels_Wings sent this to me one day, telling me there was a line she wanted me to hear in it. I later asked her which line she meant, she said "I actually meant all of them." 

She's right. Listen to this gorgeous song, to how amazing it is. THe sheer amount of hope that can be found in this...

How it's something calling you Home. Notice it doesn't say a house, or your blood family. Look at the way it's describing it- something wild bringing you to the one place, to the people you were always meant to be with (if you believe in that sort of thing). It's your life, telling you that it's out there waiting for you to go and live it. 

It's all of your hopes and dreams, fears and nightmares. It is the demons and the angels that are your thoughts and emotions. It's the order and chaos raging through you, your heart and your mind. None good or evil, but fighting, really, for the same thing- what will make you happy. 

Your entire being, your hates and your loves, are fighting for you. Because they want you to be happy. 

You can be blinded by the light, but that doesn't mean you can't see. 

You can be frozen by fear, but you can face that fear. 

You can and will be called home one day by the people who care about you. You will be called home by the people who love you, and they will not let you go. they will neer give up, and they will not let you down. Because you are their family. 

You are important, and this song can prove it.

Hell, all of these songs can prove it. 

So let's start writing our own stories. Let's start creating our own melodies.

I'm not saying it won't take a while, that it will be easy. Because it won't be easy at all. It's the things that are harder tend to be the things worth it in the end. 

I never realized that maybe, I could actually be happy. Until now, I have never had people like you guys to keep fighting for you. And yet, it's not too late for me. Somehow or another, I can still be happy.

No, I will be happy. One day, I'll be able to fly because I'll be purely ecstatic. 

The reason I'll be able to do that is because I know I have you all cheering me on. So lease, cheer each other on, because you never know if the person you're talking to behind the screen needs a hug or not. You guys are always there, and so we are a family. Because all of us are there for each other. Let's continue to do that, to help each other. Because I don't know if you've noticed, but helping others actually is proven to help you too. 

Don't be afraid to help yourself, either, okay? You don't have to be afraid to ask for help. I'll be here as soon as I can be if you need me, and I know lot's of others who will do that too.

And on that note, don't forget about yourself.  

Let us never forget who we are, but continue to move ahead throughout this universe and do our best to be ourselves because that's what humans tend to do. That is who we are. 

We have our hope, deep within us. And I swear one day, that hope will give you the wings you need to fly. 

So until you see that you truly are a beautiful angel, raise a little hell. 

Ya idgit. :p