I Believe

Dear Sidne (birdybabybird),

This is for you. I know you have been down a fair bit recently. And you've always worked hard and done the right thing.

I'm proud of the fact that you let me call you my little sister, because I swear I know I'm a bit protective and I know that you're really really amazing. And you let me be your big sister. 

I know how hard life can be. It can be brutal, and rough, and bring you down until you hit rock bottom.

The thing about hitting rock bottom? 

The only place you can go from there is up. 

Sidne, you are going up, on a unique path that I hope you are happy on. 

And that's what this book is for, isn't it? Hope, for all of us. Because it's our hope, our dreams, our arts- writing, music, dancing, just arts- that make us human.

So, little sister, this one is for you. Because you deserve happiness and hopefulness wherever you go.

All of you idgits do. So please.

Let's listen, to the musical sound of hope springing from a canvas of silence. 

From, your cheesy af big sister ^_^

I believe if I'd knew where I was going, I'd lose my way
I believe that the words that he told you are not your grave
I know that we are not the weight of all our memories
I believe in the things that I am afraid to say

Hold on, hold on

I believe in the lost possibilities you can see
And I believe that the darkness reminds us where light can be
I know that your heart is still beating, beating darling
I believe that you fell so you would land next to me

'Cause I have been where you are before
And I have felt the pain of losing who you are
And I have died so many times, but I am still alive

I believe that tomorrow is stronger than yesterday
And I believe that your head is the only thing in your way
I wish that you could see your scars turn in to beauty
I believe that today it's okay to be not okay

Hold on, hold on

'Cause I have been where you are before
And I have felt the pain of losing who you are
And I have died so many times, but I am still alive

This is not the end of me, this is the beginning

(Hold on)

This is not the end of me, this is the beginning

(Hold on)

This is not the end of me, this is the beginning

(Hold on (I am still alive)

This is not the end of me, this is the beginning

(Hold on (I am still alive)

This is not the end of me, this is the beginning

(Hold on (I am still alive)

This is not the end of me, this is the beginning

(Hold on (I am still alive)

This is not the end of me, this is the beginning

(Hold on (I am still alive)

This is not the end of me, this is the beginning

(Hold on (I am still alive)

This is not the end of me, this is the beginning

This song is very beautiful. I mean, really. I honestly love how so many people can access the sound in the silence, the emotion behind the emptiness, the love behind the pain. 

There will be scars. There will be blood, and sweat, and tears, but if there is one constant about humans it is that we never give up, not really. Sometimes, depending on the situation, this can be good or bad, but most of the times its our drive to stay alive.

As people, life is inherently challenging, And there's a reason for that- because without hurt, we would not know safety. Without sadness, we would not know joy. Without silence, we would not know music. Without hate, we would not know love. Without fear, we would not know courage. And without loss, we would not know hope. 

As people, we have each known our losses. But we can work past them, because there is always someone willing to help. I'm not saying that it will come right away, that help will always be there, But I believe that it will be there when you need it. The people you love whom truly love you back will be there for you just as much as you are there for them.

Sid, you ave been there for me in so many times and so many ways. A lot of others have too; but this one is specifically about you. 

You are my little sister, and I really can't ask for anymore than that. But please, this one thing: let me be there for you. You have always been there for me, whenever I was lost, you guided me back home. Let me guide you home, should you ever need it.

You know for a fact that I will never give up on you. You know that I will fight for you as long as you want me to, and longer than that. 

You are my family now, and I'm not backing you.

So remember that if you ever need help, our little family will be there for you.

And this family will be there for everyone who needs it, because we are a family of fire that can, will, and always has been outshining even the brightest stars. 

Remember your hope, ya idgits. Because like I said before, the only way to go once you've hit the ground is up. 

And as a family, we will help each other fly. 

See ya idgits soon!