Cool If I Come Over

First things first, I would like to apologize for the fact that I haven't updated this in over a month. That is not fair on you guys, and I am trying to be better about updating. 

That being said, this is a perfect song to come back with (at least I think). It has become one of my favorites, and... well, if you listen to it, I think you will see why. 

So, here's Cool If I Come Over by Louden Swain. 

~~

Ain't it strange the way your mind works

Checks and balancing your day

You got it all inside that big, fat purse

It don't fit but you shove it in there, anyway 

And you say 

I been lookin' for you, lookin' for me

Your show is almost over 

And you're stuck in your seat

Here we go

I been holding out cause you're holding the key

Is it cool if I come over

And see if you're into me

I conjure up your morning routine

The loud alarm sounds your day

 I know it involves a bit of sun-cream

And a mask to help keep the wolves at bay

I been lookin' for you, lookin' for me

Your show is almost over

And you're stuck in your seat

Here we go

I been holding out cause you're holding the key

Is it cool if I come over

And see if you're into me

Feelin' lame

Hope you're game

I'm insane, but I can change

Let it lay

Put it in play

I wanna say

I wanna stay

I bet you gotta lot of house cats

The landlord charges you a fee

A stack of magazines say you want that

the one thing missing there is me

I been lookin' for you, lookin' for me

Your show is almost over

You gotta wait another week

Here we go

I been holding out cause you're holding the key

Is it cool if I come over and see if you're into me

Is it cool if I come over, and see if you're into me

This, as stated before, has become one of my favorite songs. Maybe it's because I had been writing the best thing I have ever written (ever) when I first heard it. Maybe it's because of the chords. Maybe it's because of the lyrics. 

I don't know the cause. 

What I do know is that this song makes the very atoms of my body feel hope. And it is seriously rare in this world to feel completely hopeful. And yet, this song exists.

It's about him having a crush on somebody, and not some weird stalker like crush either. It's saying 'I like you, I want to be with you, are you into me?'. It's really quite amazing, how it's a love song and yet at the same time, it's not. It's about being who you are, being confident enough in yourself to ask if someone is into you or not. 

This song also, I will admit, reminds me of @Ezekiel_Novak quite a bit. (If any of you are confused, he was previously GeminiHarrison but is now Ezekiel and is amazing as ever). And I'm saying that because it might remind you of someone. 

Whoever it reminds you of, hold onto that feeling. And I'm not talking in terms of complications, if there are issues or anything. Just hold onto the feeling that right now, you are alive enough to love and be loved, alive enough to be exactly who you were meant to be. 

I am going to give you a Pro Tip: 

Who you are meant to be? It's who you are. You have always been and will always be good enough, most of the time more than. You are who you are, and who you are is amazing. 

What I love about this song is that it reminds me of that, and of the fact that no matter what happens we will always have ourselves. The sky is alive and can't be taken from us. 

We are the ones who get to live, love, and be happy. 

So let's have that happen. I know for me, at least, this song will be in the background. I hope maybe it can be for you too, to remind you that it's okay to be human.