I Won't Let Go

Hey. I didn't know this until now, but this is part 20. Yay for milestones, am I right? 

I think that this is an appropriate song for our 20th part, because holy $#!% it's so hopeful. Please go look it up, it's so amazing.  

Actually speaking of, I have made a playlist on Youtube of almost all these songs. The playlist has the same name as this book, and if you want a sneak peek at the songs I have planned to write on here, they are on here too. 

Enjoy, ya idgits. :)

~~

It's like a storm
That cuts a path
It breaks your will
It feels like that

You think you're lost
But you're not lost on your own
you're not alone

I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
If you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go

It hurts my heart
To see you cry
I know it's dark
This part of life
Oh it finds us all
And we're too small
To stop the rain
Oh but when it rains

I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
And you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight

And I won't let you fall
Don't be afraid to fall
I'm right here to catch you
I won't let you down
It won't get you down
you're gonna make it
Yeah I know you can make it

Cause I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
And you can't cope
And I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go
Oh I'm gonna hold you
And I won't let go
Won't let you go
No I won't

This is by Rascal Flatts- the same people who made Life is a Highway. Chances are, that means you know how inspiring their music can be. If you don't know them, I would highly recommend that you listen to their music because the way they put their songs together is so beautiful and can lift your spirits so much...

And that's only part of the reason why I love this song. 

Take a good look at the lyrics- look at the title. 

All of this is so amazing, how it takes a simple, harmonic melody, some majorly cheerful chords, and makes one of the most hopeful songs I've ever heard. 

It's more than just fun to sing along to, having a good beat to dance to, and all that. There is meaning behind the words, a soul behind the song. Several souls, actually, working together to create something brilliant. 

It doesn't just tell about the love like a lot of songs; the people show you that they care about you.

I honestly wish I could write as well as they write their lyrics. That's part of the reason I made this book; because they can tell people so much more than most. All of these singers, these artists... they can make a turn of phrase the most powerful thing for someone who hears it. They can take away people's pain by following their passion. 

I, for one, completely respect and admire them for that. And if I could do that half as well as them I would. But, I can only work with what I have. And since they have done so much, why not have hope that others can discover some of their own hope?

This is the 20th part, something I still am struggling to believe. And I thank you all for bearing with me and my crazy ramblings on this, but... these people, they save lives through something they love to do. And that's so, so amazing. 

I hope they help to save some of your lives, because each and everyone of you deserve to live the life you want and to love the people you want; to have the opportunity to love those people.

So, to all of ya idgits out there, Carry On, I know all of you have it in you. 

See ya'll in the next update!