{5} You're Not So Bad

Chapter Five - You're Not So Bad

~~~

Today was the day of the party and I was in the kitchen with my grandma and Bailey helping them finish up a few deserts and side dishes for the burgers and hot dogs my dad and grandpa were currently grilling, Braxton was with them.

There wasn't a lot that had to be done, because people were bringing a dish or drinks. It was the party of the town so a lot of food was needed.

The ranch hands were finishing up last minute things doing their work this morning so they could relax when people started showing up at around three and talk with friends.

"Alright I think that's it. You two can go get changed in your bathing suits if you'd like, everyone is going to be showing up here pretty soon." Grandma signed and spoke.

Bailey smiled and darted up the stairs, ready to get back in the water.

"Thank you for helping me," She gave me a hug, "Be sure to make friends tonight okay, Jaxon's a good boy, almost man, but he's got a girlfriend too. Maybe you'll hit it off with Daniel."

I gave her a look, "That's the gay one, isn't it."

She chuckled and smacked me with the hand towel she was drying off her hands with, "It's nice to have friends like you." She said and the door bell rang.

"Looks like we have our first guest, could you open the door for me, I need to go wash up." She said and disappeared upstairs.

I walked to the front door and opened it. A girl, a little boy and their parents stood at the door, the kids had covered dishes in their hand.

"Hello," I greeted and them and opened the door to let them in, "I'm Blaine, by the way." I introduced myself.

The mother smiled and introduced her family, "I'm Kathy, this is my husband Richard and my daughter Isabelle and my son Junior. We brought some dishes where should we put them?" She asked.

"It's lovely to meet you all, and follow me, I will show you where they go." I said and led them into the back yard and showed the mom the table with the food.

Richard went over to talk to my dad and grandpa and when Bailey came out she got in the pool with Junior, even though she couldn't hear him, they looked like they were having a good time.

I looked at Isabelle, "Jaxon should be here soon, he's told me a lot about you."

She turned and smiled at me, "Thank you, he's always making new friends." She said, obviously talking about me.

Just then Jaxon showed up, in swimming shorts and a tank top.

Isabelle ran up to him and gave him a hug and a kiss. It was sweet but I looked away, it felt like I was invading a private moment.

"I see you've met Blaine." Jaxon said walking over to me, his arm wrapped around Isabelle.

She nodded and smiled but before she could say anything else more people walked out. Adults and kids around Bailey's age and teenagers.

It didn't take long for the teenagers to gather around us, all of them dressed in their bathing suits with clothes over or sun dress.

"Daniel!" Jaxon called over a brunette with sparkling blue eyes and a slightly pale complexion. He was tall and thin, standing a few inches taller than me.

"This is Blaine, he just moved here. Blaine this is Daniel." Jaxon introduced us.

I smiled at him, "It's nice to meet you." I offered.