{12} I'm (Not) Okay

Chapter Twelve - I'm (Not) Okay

~~~

I was in the hospital for three more days before they reassured me that I was okay to go home. Though I was pretty much restricted to home and work for two weeks, to ensure that I would be fine. And I couldn't do anything fun except visit Bacon Bit as long as I didn't stay long.

Seth visited every day, claiming he had nothing better to do. Seth was getting better about not drinking as much, I didn't smell it on his when he came to visit, but I knew he still smoked.

Daniel called and caught me up on what I had missed at work. He was too busy with his family and work to visit again. He wouldn't tell me what was going on with his family but he reassured me that everyone was fine and I didn't need to worry.

The girls called as well, Bree telling me all about her new boyfriend, trying to cheer me up with her cheefcul personality. Morgan told me that she had went on another date with the boy she liked and Megan just made me smile.

Jaxon was busy with work and Isabelle, so he couldn't visit again.

My mom came in and talked to me for a while, it was the first time I had gotten to talk to her alone.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"Sore and tired." I answered. I was really tired, that's probably why I let her talk to me and brush back my hair before grabbing my hand.

"You need a hair cut." She teased with a small smile.

I nodded slightly in agreement, "I've been busy." My words were a bit slurred from the medicine the nurses had just given me.

My moms light smile faded a bit, "You've got be more careful, baby. I know you think I don't care, but I do, so much. There's so much I want, no, need to tell you, but nows not the best time. Just know that I know what I did was wrong-"

"No shit." I interupted her.

My mom frowned but didn't scold me, but instead continued, "But I have my reasons."

"Well tell me some other time, I'm tired." I said, my eyes getting heavy and my voice fading.

My mom squeezed my hand and kissed my forehead, "Sweet dreams." She whispered before I felt her hand let go of me and the door click shut before I fell asleep.

That had been the day before. I was now on my way home with my dad. Bailey and Brax were still with our mom, which I was concerned about that.

"Don't you think Bailey and Brax are spending a little too much time with mom?" I asked, breaking the silence in the truck.

"Blaine, she's there mom, she can have them when ever she wants, we don't have any visitation rules."

"Because she didn't want any." I hissed, "More reason why they shouldn't be with her."

My dad sighed, "Bliane, I've had a lot to worry about this week. Bailey and Brax needed to spend some time with your mother while I figured things out and made sure you were going to be okay."

I didn't argue again after that.

When we got home my grandma had made some apple pie, which made my stomache happy, I was sick of the hospital food, they never had good deserts.