{8} Father Son Day

Chapter Eight - Father Son Day

"Don't let me show cruelty,

Though I may make mistakes.

Don't let me show ugliness,

Though I know I can hate."

~Show Me Love by Hundred Waters

~~~

I was staying late at the diner again, this time with Morgan. She was really sweet and actually quiet talkative once she opened up.

Since the diner was empty, we were sitting in a booth talking as we waiting for someone to show up, which probably wouldn't happen since it was six o'clock on a Thursday.

"So, any boys in this town have your attention?" I asked, mixing my drink with the straw.

Morgan smiled and blushed a but as she nodded, "Yeah."

I smiled and sat up in my seat, "Who is it?" I asked, wanting to kniw who my new found friend was crushing on.

"You don't know him." She tried to wave me off.

"Aww, how long have you liked this boy for?" I asked, loving how sweet and innocent she was.

"Not long, we talk after church sometimes, his dad is the youth pastor." She said. My grandparents tried to get me to join to youth group but I didn't feel religious enough to do it, they didn't push me to join any more.

"That's sweet, you should ask him to go to lunch with you or something after church. It can be at the little diner that everyone gies to so it's not so awkward." I suggested.

She looked at me like I was crazy, "I can barely talk to him, theres no way I can ask him out."

"It doesn't have to be like your asking him out," I smiled, "Just ask it like your really good friends and you want to talk over lunch."

She thought for a moment, "I'll see how confident I feel Sunday." She offered a small smile.

Just then Jaxon walked in with his patents Morgan and I got up out of the booth and she sat them down while I cleaned up the booth we were at for our short break.

After sitting them down, Morgan met me back in the kitchen where the cook, Jason was falling asleep in his chair along with our boss, who was falling asleep in the chair beside Jason. It happened sometimes when they worked to much the day before, which they had.

"I'll wake them up, you go get their orders." She said.

Morgan usually stayed in the kitchen, cooking with Jason unless she was needed as a waitress on busy days.

I walked back out and greeted them with a smile, "Good afternoon, what brings you guys here tonight?" I asked.

"We all got finished early and we decided to go out to eat." Jaxon's mom answered.

"That's nice," I smiled at her, she was what I pictured a mother being like every time I thought of one, not like my own mom, "What can I get you to drink?"

Just like almost everyone else that had come in the diner, they ordered sweet tea.

I got their drinks and asked if they were ready to order. I took their orders and passed it off to Jason as a few more people walked in.