{16} What The Hell

B L A I N E

Not seconds after Jaxon punched Blaine my grandma was calling for my dad. Jaxon and Josef were looking as if they were going to get in an all out fight right here, Josef had stood up and was threatening to punch him back. My dad came in and immediately stepped in between them.

"What is going on here?" Josef immediately looked away from Jaxon and wiped his bleeding nose.

"I was just leaving when he punched me in the face." Josef explained.

"Mom, clean up Josef would you?" My dad said looking at her then turning to Jaxon, "You know I'm going to have to tell your parents, lets go."

Jaxon looked defeated and glanced back, offering a small smile before walking away with my dad.

I just stood in the hall as I watched them both walk away. My grandpa walked up, holding Brax, "Looks like you've had quiet the morning, how about we go for a ride?"

I smiled leaning against him, "That sounds amazing."

"I'll leave Brax with your sister and Grandma, how about you go check on Bacon-Bit and I'll be out there in a minute."

It had been a while since I checked in him so with a smile I walked out to the barn and fed and played with Bacon-Bit giving him extra treats and laughing as his excited snorts and grunts.

When my grandpa came out we went to the stables and tacked up two horses, I got Sugar. Once we were done I hoped on Sugar and followed my grandpa down a trail.

We were silent for the first part of the ride but then he started telling stories of when he was younger or when my dad was my age to get me to laugh and forget what an eventful morning I'd had.

We were out for a few hours when we decided it was time to head back and eat lunch since I forgot about breakfast.

When we got in the house Josef was at the table with the rest of my family, Jaxon must have went home, I hoped he didn't get in too much trouble but he had it coming. Apparently Josef had already been to the motel and back and even called his parents to tell them where he really was and that he was safe. 

I didn't talk much at lunch, just watched and listened. Bailey signed away with Josef as my grandma talked his ear off, telling him all about the town and the back to school party we would be having very soon. 

As soon as I was finished eating I decided to be a good big brother and take Brax out into the garden for some quality bonding time. 

I took a blanket and a few of his toys and we were off to the garden, Josef watching my every move until I was out of his view.  I laid out the blanket and the few toys I had brought with us and sat down with him playing with him then walking him around the garden making sure he didn't pick too many flowers.

We stayed out for a while before he got tired and a bit fussy so I took him in and laid him down for a nap, which he protested. 

I walked back out to the garden by myself, surprised Josef didn't follow me. But my time for peace was interrupted not even ten minutes into it.

"Hey," someone said as they sat down on the grass in front of the bench I was resting on.

I looked down to see Jaxon, "What did your parents say?" 

He chuckled, a humorless chuckle, "I'm basically grounded from anything but work until the party your grandparents are hosting. I snuck out to see you." 

I couldn't help the smile that pulled at my lips. We sat in silence for a while, just enjoying the light breeze and each others presence. Even though he was one of the causes of my overwhelming morning, I couldn't stay mad at him.

Jaxon rested his head on my knee and sighed, "I broke up with Isabelle." 

I couldn't help my shock even though I knew it had to happen eventually, Jaxon needed to figure himself out.

"How did she take it?" 

"Not so well but she understood." 

My hands found their way to his hair and I lightly stroked it, making him relax against me. He sighed after a while, "If you don't stop I'm going to fall asleep." 

I laughed and pulled my hand away after one last stroke, "You should probably go back now before your parents find out, if they haven't already." 

"You're right," he agreed, standing up and wiping off his jeans. 

He leaned down and kissed my cheek before turning to walk back home. I couldn't stop the blush that flared across my cheeks and ears. He stopped and picked some flowers, turning to smile at me, "Just in case my mom finds out." he explained.

I chuckled and watched him walk home. I stayed out for a little while longer before going inside and eventually swimming with Bailey after she begged for a solid ten minutes. 

As much as the day had started off rough, it was ending quite well.

Sorry it took forever to update this and that its not a lot, I feel like I'm saying that every chapter but summer starts soon and I will have a lot more time to write with not classes to worry about. Thank you to those that have been so patient with this story and my slow updates, you guys are the best!

~Beatrice