Chapter 8

Hey beautiful, sleep tight:)
~ AKing.

AKing? Who's that?, I thought as I peered at the screen.

It couldn't be Alex? Could it?
I furrowed my brows. How did he get my number? I don't remember me giving it to him.

And then I remembered. Oh. He had been toying with my phone all through lunch today. Maybe he fed it in there, at that time.

Hmm, well what do I respond?

You too, Hun.
~ Mads

Exiting the iMessage app, I placed my phone on my side table and fell into a deep slumber.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Good morning, babe. Time to rise and shine. Will be picking you up in half an hour.
~ AKing.

Ok
~ Mads

A yawn escaped my mouth as I headed towards my bathroom, to complete my 15 minutes morning routine.

Picking up a pair of white shorts, I paired it with a black tank top, tied in my sneakers and left my room.

Pausing at the end of the staircase, I peered right and left, before stepping down carefully, trying not to make a single sound.

I hadn't seen my mother since the first day of school. She's been out and about, and honestly, I'm just relieved she hasn't had time to yet encounter me.

A loud horn rang out from outside, and I ran to the front door, before my mother could wake up and investigate the loud noise. God forbid, then she'd start asking questions.

I don't want that.

Closing the front door behind me, I walked up to Alex's car and opened the door to the car.

The only problem it didn't budge.

I glared at the devil through the tinted windows of the house, motioning him to open it.

He did so, laughing.

Throwing my backpack on the last seat, I settled myself in my seat, before glaring at Alec once again, in a motion to hit it.

And he did.

"Morning babe.", he teased.

"What's so good about this morning?", I muttered under my breath before I replied," Morning"

"What was that, Mads?", he smirked at me.

"What?", I glared at him, daring him to speak.

Alex chuckled, and in return got a playful shove from me.

"Oh, babe. You just need a reason to touch me, don't you? Explains.", he gestured towards himself.

"Drop that cockiness, King. It doesn't suite you.", I retorted.

"Hmm, I wonder why it's so hot in here", he continued nevertheless.

Just then, we entered the school gates, and Alex drove through, parking his car in his designated spot.

He got down from the car, jogging to my side, he opened it for me, shooting me s charming smile, that had all the girls faltering, he took my bag, from the last seat, and slung it over his shoulder, along with his.

"Let me, please.", he jected, when I tried to take it from him.

Sliding an arm through my waist, he started waking me towards his group of friends.

I stiffened at the touch, immediately.

"Relax, babe", he whispered in my ear, "I won't bite."

I rolled my eyes at him, before letting him drag me to his group.

"Rule one, Mads, never ever roll your eyes at me."

"What am I your servant? Theses stupid rules better not be for me."

He shook his head at me, as we neared his friends.

"It's showtime.", he whispered, his warm breath fanning my ear.

"Hey Alexander!", everyone cheered.

He only nodded at him, before throwing our bags in the hands of a skinny boy, who stood to the side, a little away from the group.

I didn't recognise him. He looked about 15, and something told me he wasn't anyone's friend.

I tried to smile at him, but he looked away, making me frown.

"Mads", Alex said, "these are my friends. Let me introduce you to them."

If you're wondering. Yes, he was friends with the populars.

I already knew them, heck everyone knew them, but I didn't say anything, and let Alex do his job.

"This is Katie Moss", he introduced me to a blonde beauty with deep green eyes, who had been staring at me since we'd arrive. She flashed me an eye- blinding smile, before continuing to watch me.
Creepy.

"Sandy Hemsworth", black hair with sharp blue eyes, she just nodded at me.

Sandy was the captain of the girl's track team at school, and was known for her cold demeanour.

"Dean, his girlfriend Laura ....." and on and on, he went on as I zoomed out.

I only came out of my referee when he introduced one of the last guy on the group, and who until now, I hadn't noticed.

".....and this is Caden Marshall."

The blond boy stared at me, his ocean blue eyes conveying so many emotions. Hurt and frustration, the strongest of all.

"Hey Maddy-Bear.", he uttered, and swear to god, I stopped breathing for a second.

I hadn't realised, that how much I'd missed my best friend, until I'd heard him call me with that nickname he'd kept for me back when we were 4.

Oh, how much have I missed him. All of him. His stupid jokes. His goofiness. His comforting hugs.Our sleepovers. Our secret handshake.

I've missed us, being us.

The thing I miss the most, is the ability Cade had, to make me laugh, when I was about to cry.

And I needed that now. I needed that now, more than ever.

"Hey Cadey", I replied shyly.

And that was all it took, for the full- blown smile that I've always loved seeing on his face, to appear.

The one with the dimples, that made you smile. It was simply contagious.

But before he could step forward, to give me one of his bear hugs, I loved, a hand snaked around my waist, pulling me close to a body, before that person said, "Everybody, this is my girlfriend, Madison Parker."

Oh, someone shoot me now.

-------------------------------

If you enjoyed this chapter, comment and vote, loveies!

Happy Valentine's Day, my beautiful readers💕

So since, it is The V-Day today, tell me in the comments section, which character do you like the best, until now.

Till then,
☮️