Chapter 10

"So tell me what's wrong, sweetie. What's the issue here?", the young nurse prodded me.

Ms. Jennifer Hennicks was 26 year old woman who happened to love gossip, as much as I loved ignoring it. But we got along pretty well.

She was a redhead with a kind personality, but you wouldn't know that she gossips about students behind their back. Obviously, I know.

Whenever I wanted to get out of P.E, she would always would always help me to and later I'd sit her listening to her rants, while actually being lost in my on thoughts.

Anyways, she gave the best advice. She also happened to be the only one in the whole school to know about my condition, other than me, that is.

"You know, the usual.", I shrugged and she shot me a knowing look.

"How long more?", she asked me, no doubt asking about how much time I have left.

"About a year or so. Maybe less, maybe a little more."

Jen's mouth formed into an 'O' shape as she gasped at me.

"That's it?"

"Yeah", I nodded, confirming my statement.

"Oh my god, but that's too soon!", she cried out, her eyes watering a little.

My heart swelled a little, as I thought, oh wow! People actually care about me.

All this time I thought that maybe I was only a gossip partner for Jen, but what I didn't realise that things got a little different after I told her about my condition.

Does this mean people are actually gonna miss me when I'm gone?

"Will you miss me, huh?", I waggled my brows at her goofily, quickly gobbling down the pills she handed me.

I felt a little relieved after my head cooled down a little, and the harsh throbbing dimmed.

Jen gasped dramatically, holding a hand to her heart.

"Of course, I'm going to miss you. How did you not know that?"

I laughed at her dramatics, before a booming voice interrupted me.

"Can anybody tell me what's going on in here?", Tristan O'Neil asked us, looking at us back and forth.

I bit my lip. I almost forgot that Tristan was in here with us. Fortunately, neither Jen nor I mentioned my condition directly.

"Nothing you should bother yourself with, pretty boy.", I told him, before instently cringing at my choice of words. Apparently, Jen thought so too. And not to mention Tristan's blank stare.

Uhhhh....... Trust me to make things awkward.

"I'll be right back", Jen promised before hurrying out to her office to check up on someone who had called for her.

I had been staring at the ground, my cheeks heating up with embarrassment, so obviously I noticed a pair of legs approaching, where I had been perched up on a bed.

Tristan stood so close to me, that I could actually feel that the the heat radiating off his body. Umm....

"So are you telling me what's wrong with your health?", he asked me quietly.

I could feel the heavy gaze of his stare on my skin, but I didn't dare to look up.

Silently, Tristan hooked two fingers under my chin and pulled them upwards so I could directly look at him in the eye.

His face was void of any emotion, his posture of that of a statue's.
A muscle twitched in his jaw, making me believe that he was still alive. And also indicating the fact that he was growing frustrated.

What's new?

Yet again he remained perfectly still, producing a sudden urge in me to poke him.

His skin looks so soft, damn.

And then I did a completely stupid thing.

Giving in to the urge, I poked his cheek.

He didn't move.

So guess what? I continued to poke him.

His stomach, his arms, his cheeks.

I could see little amusement glittering in those gray orbs, and I suddenly felt proud.

I made a statue give in to the power of humour. I always knew my fingers held a kind of magic.

I went in to grab both of his cheeks and pulled at them. That's when he stopped me.

"That'll be enough now, Madison.", he told me as he removed my hands from his face, folding them and placing them into my lap.

I pouted and he shook his head in amusement.

The bell rung, signaling lunch time and Tristan stepped back from me, retrieving his bag from where he had placed it on the floor.

He started to walk away when he paused and glanced over his shoulder to find me staring at his toned back.

"I'll see you around, Ms. Parker", saying so he walked out of the room, but not before shooting me a slight smirk.

Sigh. What's happening to me?

-----------------------------------------------------------

That's for a little Madison- Tristan action. Get ready, people, a Madison- Alex action is coming soon.

BTW, I'm so proud of myself. Two updates in a week? Appreciate me a little and leave a cute comment for me down there. Don't forget to hit that vote button while you're at it! It means to me A LOT!

Till then,