Chapter 22

As I sat under the shade of the large apple tree at the back of the school grounds, I yawned lazily, turning to my side in an effort to catch a few minutes of much needed sleep.

I had been having trouble sleeping the past few nights, with my mom drowning her sorrows in alcohol and her cries keeping me up till the break of drawn. I couldn't shut my mind off these days, it was a chaos and I felt like a thunder was fast approaching.

I couldn't stop thinking about how Alex kissed me Saturday night. It wasn't like it was my first kiss, I just couldn't believe I  allowed Alexander King to kiss me first. He claimed me like I was a trophy between whatever rivalry played out between Tristan and him. He had something coming his way. "Would he kiss you like I do?", was it a competition now? He didnt even care about me. It was all a game. So why was he so pressed.

I flew up to a sitting position when I distinctly heard the sound of leaves crunching behind me. My eyes widened. Was I going to be caught? Swallowing noisily, I turned around.

I caught a glimpse of dark shadow flitting across the yard in a hurry. Raising one hand against the sun, I tried to make out the figure. Who on earth was wearing a leather jacket on such a hot, sunny day? As he turned his head to look at me, I recognised the culprit.

My face lit up as I tripped over my own two feet in a hurry to grab my bag and catch up to him.

"Tristan! Hey!"

I furrowed my brows as he slightly turned his head in my direction but seemed to ignore me. What was his issue?

"Hey!", I caught his elbow in mine as my breaths cane in short pants, I currently resembled a dog. "Where- where are you..wait", I held up a finger as I kneeled down in an effort to catch my breath. He abruptly stopped.

"Where are you running off to?", I asked him finally.

Tristan stared upwards to the heavens with a pained expression on his face as if to ask god where had he been stuck. I pouted.

"Didn't you hear me calling?"

"You don't seem like the type to cut class", he crossed his arms against his chest as he raised his eyebrows at me. I avoided looking as his muscles flexed, instead focused my eyes on his face.

"Well then there are lot of things that you don't know about me.", I answered haughtily as I stuck my chin out and mirrored his actions.

"Apparently". I pretended not to hear that.

"You ignored my question", I pointed out.

Tristan flashed me a quick mocking smile before he turned around and started to walk away from me.

"Hey hey hey", I ran to stand in his path. He looked down at me with an exasperated expression on his face. I stood up a little taller in an effort to come out as intimidating. Tristan noticed and a little smirk appeared on the corner of his face, before he quickly went back to an annoyed face.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Why do you care?", he spoke in a low tone. Leaning down close to my face he stared into my eyes. Little wisps of his curly hair tickled my nose. I swallowed, "we are not friends. Let me remind you."

"Weren't you the one who wanted to 'figure me out'", I mocked him as I leaned away from him. I needed my breathing space away from beautiful dangerous guys like him.

He smiled cruelly, "Your boyfriend can do that for me."

I groaned, "Why are you being such an ass right now?". Exasperated, I shook my head. He was right, we weren't friends, we we weren't anything. But he was  a good entertainment. I smirked as I watched his face apprehensively. He was too easy to piss off.

"That's just my personality, princess. Take it or leave it.", he cocked a brow at me, as he leaned forwards.

"Why thanks for the offer!", I clutched my heart, "I'll be sure to take you up on that. A side of rudeness with a pretty face. Lets be friends!"

Tristan seemed surprised at my utter honesty. However, choosing to ignore my compliments he growled," you're annoying"

"Your face is annoying"

"Your existence is annoying."

"Thankyou!", I beamed.

"It wasn't a compliment-", he stopped short as he shook his head, choosing to not reason with me, " what happened to miss little quite Madison? Where did all this craziness come from."

"Why wouldn't you like to know?", I cocked my head to the side.

"On second thoughts", he paused as if fighting a battle in his head, as if to figure out if I was worth all the trouble," I'd love to", he concluded.

"Wooho!", I cheered, jumping up and down," Tristan and Madison are friends now"

"NO.", he shouted, putting a hand on my mouth and looking around to see if any one had heard me. He  didn't want to ruin his 'loner bad boy' image. I grinned mischievously. Too late, bad boy. Too late, "I don't do friends"

"Aww why not", I pouted.

He shrugged, keeping me in the dark. Mysteriousness oozed off him in heat waves, making my stomach churn and my head spin. I wanted to know who he was behind the mask he put up. Who are you really Tristan O'Neil? I wanted to ask, but my lips stayed sealed shut, in a trance at the sight of the beautiful dark devil beside me.

I didn't realise when I promised myself that day to unravel who Tristan O'Neil really was that i could hurt myself in the process.

He was like a thunderstorm, dark, dangerous and causing havoc wherever he went. And the thing about thunderstorms was they left as soon as they came.

                   °♡°♡°♡°♡°

Hope y'all enjoyed it x