Chapter 12

"Where did you run off to during the lunch period? I was searching all over for you."

"Were you really?", I cocked a brow, as I put my seat belt on.

"My delegate was searching for you. Same thing."

"Delegate?", I questioned, confused.

"Yeah, this freshman, who wants to get on the team. Kid try's too hard. Ready to do anything, so the guys and I figured out we could get him to do some of our dirty work.", he chuckled.

"What dirty work?"

"Doing our school work, getting stuff for us, even at the dead of the night, the guy's at our service.", he smirked.

I frowned at his behaviour and attitude.
Changes, my mind reminded me.

Glaring at Alex fiercely I told him."That's not the right thing to do, Alex. Getting someone to do your work, just because they're not a part of your social group? That's really bashful."

"Woah, why do you care?", Alex stared at me," you are my girlfriend. You should take my side and support me through everything, not go against me for some lanky freshman, who's not even worth our time."

"Exactly. And as your girlfriend, I need to show you what's right and what's wrong. Alex, he's a kid who you guys are putting all the burden on."

"Imagine yourself in his place.", I told him softly.

Alex's whole face changed at those words. He gripped the steering wheel so hard, that I was positive he would rip it apart any minute.

But the emotion on his face was got me scared. It was raw pain and fear, that I could read clearly, as he gritted his teeth together.

"How could I? How could I?", he kept on mumbling to himself.

"Alex?", I whispered softly, as I touched his shoulder.

Alex jumped in his seat, as he turned to look at me, his eyes sad.

"What's wrong, baby?", I asked him, whispering to him softly, like a mother would.

At those words, Alex reached over and pulled my seatbelt off.

He proceeded to lift me, and sat me near him. So close, that I could feel his ragged breathing on my face, as he stared down at me in regret.

"I'm an idiot. Please don't judge me.", he begged.

"W-what's wrong?"

"You were right. That's really shameful of us to do that to him."

"Alex-"

"Especially when I was once in his place. Exactly three years ago."

At his confession, my heart stopped at I stared at the boy in front of me.

"What are you talking about?", I crocked out.

Alex rubbed his eyes tiredly, as I kept on staring at him.

"Three years ago, I was him. That kid who just wanted to fit in. Get on the football team, to impress people. To be popular...... Consequences? What I had to do to get where I am today? Sit under the scorching heat, waiting for the team to finish their practice, so I could serve them water. Staying up late, finishing their homework. Getting used for my money. Getting beat up, when they lost a game. That was me. No one really remembers that time. I'd, myself bury my past at the back of my mind. But look at me! Repeating what those seniors did. Ruining  yet another kid's highschool experience. That's me. Alexander King, disaster."

I stared at the boy, with tears in my eyes. Alex reached forward to wipe them away.

"I'm no good.", he whispered to myself, but I heard it, anyways.

Taking Alex by surprise, I lunged forward to hug him tightly.

Seeming shocked by my actions, Alex slowly wrapped his arms around me, burying his face in the crook of my neck. I sat there stroking his hair, as Alex trembled slightly.

I slowly breathed, and boy, Alex smell so good.

After what seemed like forever, I leaned back,"I'm so sorry,for what happened to you, Alex. I'm terribly sorry. I shouldn't have been so hard on you."

"It's alright.", Alex said," I'm over it. I'll tell the guys to stop being so hard on Judha, that's his name."

"That's better.", I leaned forward to engage him in a hug again.

This time it lasted a few seconds only. When we pulled apart, Alex smirked, " if you wanted me this bad, all you had to do was just ask, doll face."

"Oh shut up.", I shoved him away and clambered into my own seat.

Knew he'll be back.

"So let's get this show on road, shall we? After all I have yet to prove what an amazing company I am.",Alex asked as we pulled away from the school parking lot.

"We shall."

---------------------------------------------