Chapter 16

Ten minutes into the party, I already regret coming. The number of dirty looks I've received from the girls, just for being at Alex's side are enough to make me retire to a room upstairs and lock myself away until everyone has gone.

But I don't.

Loud music pumps through my veins, shaking the floor beneath me, as teenagers dance wildly to the beats of the new pop music.

I'm vibrating as I walk towards the kitchen, trying to follow the crowd.

"Rule number one", I felt a hot breath on my neck, "stick with me."

It was Alex.

A few minutes prior, he'd declare to me that The Great Alexander King was going to teach me how to have a great time at a highschool party.

So here we go.

"What am I, a kid?", I grumble.

A low chuckle emits from the boy, as he places a single hand on my waist, guiding me to the direction of drinks.

"Rule number two: never, ever, let your drink out of your sight. Always get one from the cans."

Alex opens up a bottle of beer, offering it to me.

I shake my head, instead taking a can of Pepsi.

"I'm good.", I beam, raising my can towards him.

"Alright. Rule number three: let loose on the dance floor."

Pushing our way through the crowd, Alex takes my hand as we head to the dance floor.

Alex wraps his hands around me, pulling me close to him.

A small smirk tugs at the corner of his mouth as he stares down at me with hooded eyes

"I wanna see you lose control."

Raising my eyebrows at him, I start to move my body to the beats of the music.

I'm not free. I'm hella self conscious.

"You can do better", Alex grins, as he backs away from me a little bit and starts to move his body.

And suddenly, I'm in a trance.

He's a dance god. The way he moves himself to the beats, I'm lost.

The sensual movements pulling me in, I hoot, "Go Alex!"

He laughs as he takes me by the hand and spins me around.

Alex presses my back to his front, and moves us around.

His fingers trail down my waist, at a painfully slow speed before he turns me around to face him.

We are so close. So, so close.

He's moving our bodies to the beat as he leans forward.

I close my eyes.

And suddenly, I'm thrown back.

Ashley, the head cheerleader, comes rushing up to Alex.

"Oh, Alex!"

While we were in our little world, we had created a little crowd around us.